🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Hourly Contracts
Page options
05a382b1
Community Member

Hourly Contracts

How do hourly contract work exactly?

I saw reply on this but still have no idea.

I want someone to hold my hand and guide me every step of this.

Please!

Regards:

Saru

5 REPLIES 5
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Saru L wrote:

How do hourly contract work exactly?

I saw reply on this but still have no idea.

I want someone to hold my hand and guide me every step of this.

Please!

Regards:

Saru

Before a lot of unneccessary hand-holding is taking place, have you read EVERYTHING in the help section and all the articles in the forum for newbies?

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Saru,

As a freelancer, your billing period for hourly contracts (except for contracts that use Upwork Payroll) begins on Monday and ends on Sunday. Your funds are available 10 days later.

The weekly billing period begins Monday at 00:00 midnight UTC and ends Sunday at 23:59 UTC. On Monday at 12 noon UTC following the close of the billing period, clients are automatically invoiced for hourly contracts. After the billing period ends, freelancers have a few hours to look over their Work Diary to make any final adjustments. The freelancer review period runs Monday from 00:00 midnight to 11:59 a.m. UTC. The client review period runs from Monday at 12 noon UTC following the close of the billing period until Friday at 23:59 UTC. This is the time for clients to review the Work Diary and file a dispute if there is a problem. Hourly payments enter the security period after the client review period closes on Friday; therefore funds typically become available on the following Wednesday. The security period applies to all payments and refunds on all contracts. It gives Upwork time to process and clear the payments, and resolve any disputes before funds are released to freelancers.

For more information about Hourly Contracts, you can check out these helpful articles.

We always suggest freelancers to use the Upwork Desktop App to track time spent working on Hourly Contracts. As long as the hours you log with the app meet the Hourly Protection criteria, you will be paid for the time you invoice.

For more information about the app, you can check out these helpful articles:

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you Aleksandar,

It was lot helpful than community guru suggesting to visit help article.

Thank you again!

Oh sorry I forgot,

when I will get paid? after ending the contract?

Thanks!

re: "When I will get paid? After ending the contract?"

No.

Ending the contract has nothing to do with when you get paid.

When you have an hourly contract, you get paid once every week (as long as you logged some time during each week).

If I work for a client for 8 weeks, and I log time each week, then I will receive pay 8 different times.

I can see details about where my money is, and when I will get paid, by going here:

Upwork -> Reports -> Overview

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths