» Forums » Freelancers » Deleted
Page options
aaronfernandes
Community Member

Deleted

5 REPLIES 5
lysis10
Community Member

I was told by Support however that in Mediation the team does not pay attention to the work diary

oof.

If mediation decides your work doesn't qualify, you don't get a choice. There are no suggestions. It's just you lose but you say you tracked time appropriately so there's that.

wlyonsatl
Community Member

If you did the work, used TimeTracker correctly (including leaving meaningful memos each time you booked work time), you "should" have nothing to fear and have no reason to have to agree to a refund.

If mediation doesn't work out to your satisfaction, arbitration would be your next step and cost each of you, the client and Upwork $291. As I understand the process, you will have to first agree to/insist on arbitration and pay the $291, which will be refunded if the client then refuses to pay the same amount.

Others here have gone through that process, so they might have some additional information for you.

Please come back to this thread and let us know how this works out for you. It is always helpful to know the ins and outs of the unjustified refund request and mediation process.

Good luck!

Will L wrote:

If you did the work, used TimeTracker correctly (including leaving meaningful memos each time you booked work time), you "should" have nothing to fear and have no reason to have to agree to a refund.

If mediation doesn't work out to your satisfaction, arbitration would be your next step and cost each of you, the client and Upwork $291. As I understand the process, you will have to first agree to/insist on arbitration and pay the $291, which will be refunded if the client then refuses to pay the same amount.

Others here have gone through that process, so they might have some additional information for you.

Please come back to this thread and let us know how this works out for you. It is always helpful to know the ins and outs of the unjustified refund request and mediation process.

Good luck!

It's hourly so in this case it's just the mediator checking the work diary.

Aaron F wrote:

It was an hourly contract so I don't think there's arbitration, arbitration is only on fixed price disputes. 

I have tracked my time correctly it's just that the contract is ended so I cannot check it myself. 

I'm just wondering how the hourly mediation process works.

I was told that Mediation would simply give me a recommendation that Ican agree with or disagree with. My question for this post is therefore if they request a refund of even $10 - can I just say No I Do Not Agree and walk away? 

ooooh my bad now I understand CS. The time has passed for them to get a refund so I guess the mediator will send a suggestion. Meh. Just answer no then if that's what you want to do.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members