🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Hourly Project issue
Page options
amina_hossain
Community Member

Hourly Project issue

Hello Upwork Team

A client hired me as an hourly basis(hourly contract) in his project. But it does not need to on TimeTracker, because the client will pay me per lead basis(per lead $5). It should have been basically a fixed price job but the client hired me for an hourly basis. The deal started as $5/hour and as 40 hours per week. Now I have completed 40 leads.

Should I now set 40 hours in the diary by manual time for these 40 leads?

The client has been offline since last week and he is not replying to my message.

If I set the manual time in this condition and if the client does not review the diary, will I get the payment?

Or how can I get payment?

Thanks,

Amina

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Amina:

It will only benefit you to learn as much as possible about how hourly and fixed-price contracts work.

Maybe this client is completely honest. Maybe he is tricking you. I can't tell based only on your description.

Experienced freelancers do not accept hourly contracts with clients who ask them to NOT log time. That is what we call a "scheme."

If you record 40 hours (or any number of hours) in the work diary manually, and if the client does not review the work diary, then you will be paid automatically.

If the client DOES NOTHING, then you will be paid automatically.

If the client reviews the work diary and decides he accepts what you have done and he doesn't take action, then you will be paid.

BUT: What if the client decides he does not want to pay you?
The client may dispute manually-logged hours and thus block you from getting paid.

As long as this client is 100% honest, then you have nothing to worry about.

But you need to understand that you did not take advantage of the Upwork Payment Protection plan which guarantees that freelancers get paid even if a client is dishonest. The Upwork Payment Protection plan only applies to hours logged using the desktop time-tracker.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
prestonhunter
Community Member

Amina:

It will only benefit you to learn as much as possible about how hourly and fixed-price contracts work.

Maybe this client is completely honest. Maybe he is tricking you. I can't tell based only on your description.

Experienced freelancers do not accept hourly contracts with clients who ask them to NOT log time. That is what we call a "scheme."

If you record 40 hours (or any number of hours) in the work diary manually, and if the client does not review the work diary, then you will be paid automatically.

If the client DOES NOTHING, then you will be paid automatically.

If the client reviews the work diary and decides he accepts what you have done and he doesn't take action, then you will be paid.

BUT: What if the client decides he does not want to pay you?
The client may dispute manually-logged hours and thus block you from getting paid.

As long as this client is 100% honest, then you have nothing to worry about.

But you need to understand that you did not take advantage of the Upwork Payment Protection plan which guarantees that freelancers get paid even if a client is dishonest. The Upwork Payment Protection plan only applies to hours logged using the desktop time-tracker.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members