artnano

Hourly client do not respond

Hi everyone,

I have been discussing a job with a client on upwork.

The client was more interesting of getting the work done and I guest hire me for it.

He asked me how long I can get the job done, and price ect...

I provide the client all information and I also attached a JPG file of the worked done.

He hire me on hourly, and I can not bill the client as I already done the work and send him the original file

I asked the client first to set the time to manual so that I can fill it, but then I read that it is not gurantee payment set in manual time.

secondly I asked the client to end up the contract and hire me for a fixed price.

I think if the client is honest and willing to pay he will do it. 

Thank you 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nathalie - If you've already entered the manual time and sent that off to the client, and he hasn't answered you, I HIGHLY doubt that you're going to get any response from him concerning issuing a bonus.

I think, you've been scammed. You aren't going to get paid for the job you did. You can probably wait a week at the most and if you haven't heard back from this client, you probably will want to close this job yourself.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
petra_r

Why did you not track the time while doing the work?

DON'T get the client to end the contract without any payment and set up a fixed one, it's far more hassle than needed and would not do your profile any favours.

The client caan either enable manual time, or pay you the money owed as bonus via the contract page.

Hi Petra,

Thanks for your reply,

I didn't track the time because, the client didn't hire me at that time. I did the work to show him in jpg file and asked him to hire me.

He did and I send him the file before I read all the procedures 

Now I do not have time record to show and already done the work and send to him the original file. 

I am trying to look where I can put the hours manually to billed the client, I guess the button is in front of my nose, and can't find it.

Do you have the link where client can pay bonus?

Its very kind from you Petra for anwswering me 🙂

Regards

Nathalie

Nathalie, in future please never do any work until you are hired!

That said:

If the contract is still open (!) and hourly (!)

Go to your work diary

work diary.jpg

Select the contract from the drop down list, then click on "add manual time"

add manual time.jpg

Hi Petra,

Yes I'll never ever do that again 

I followed these stepScreenshot.png, and I was not able to set the manual time. I send a request to the client a few days earlier to enable it. He didn't answered yet.

What if the client do not have the intention to pay me for that job? do you think I could end the contract? or I let it like it is?

Thank you 

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nathalie,

You can add manual time by following these steps and your client can issue a bonus payment by following these instructions.

Please note that you should use the Desktop app to track your work and get paid on Hourly contracts. Please review these resources in order to successfully use the Upwork platform and only start working once you are hired and ca see an active contract under the My Jobs tab.

Untitled

Hello Vladimir,

Thank you for your reply too,

Can I send the instruction to the client so that he can issue a bonus payment?

As I already send him a request to enable the manual time, and he didn't reply yet?

Thank you 

Nathalie

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nathalie,

Yes, you can send them the Help article link but note that both manual time and bonus payments aren't covered by Hourly Payment Protection.

Untitled

Hi Vladimir,

What you would me suggest me to do in that case,

I don't want my account to be penalised, what I can suggest the client if he don't want to pay?

should I wait until the client make a move?

I can accept if don't get paid for the job

Thank you Vladimir for your advice

Regards

Nathalie

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nathalie,

You'd need to ask the client to issue a bonus payment or enable the option to add manual time. You can give them more time to respond to your requests and try to come to an agreement regarding the payment for the work you delivered.

Untitled

Hi Vladimir,

Ok thanks for your advice

Will give you feedback 🙂

Have a good day

Kind regards

Nathalie

lol op isn't getting paid

the lessons we learn when we do work without a contract

Hey Vladimir,

I have send the 'link' to the client for the posibility for him to either set the manual time or issue a bonus. I also advice the client if he is having any payment issue to feel free to let men know and can see how to arrange thing for a win win situation. 🙂

I shall wait until the end of this week, if no reply then I shall end up the contract myself.

Thank youSmiley Happy

Nathalie

If I could sell hope in a bottle, I'd be rich.

Nathalie - If you've already entered the manual time and sent that off to the client, and he hasn't answered you, I HIGHLY doubt that you're going to get any response from him concerning issuing a bonus.

I think, you've been scammed. You aren't going to get paid for the job you did. You can probably wait a week at the most and if you haven't heard back from this client, you probably will want to close this job yourself.