🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Hourly contract concerns
Page options
ghostrider777
Community Member

Hourly contract concerns

I am working with a client on an hourly contract.

I have concerns that he has not deposited money in escrow. he has verified the payment method and we have an active contract.

Is I am protected with Upwork Payment protection?

Please answer.

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Muhammad Ashfaq A wrote:

I have concerns that he has not deposited money in escrow. he has verified the payment method and we have an active contract.

Is I am protected with Upwork Payment protection?

Clients can't deposit money in escrow for hourly contracts. Escrow is only for fixed rate contracts. If you use hourly contracts correctly, they are actually considerably safer than fixed rate contracts.

Make sure that you use the Upwork tracker for all your hours if you want protection, have meaningful work memos which clearly describe what you are working on, decent activity levels and screenshots that show you working on the project you were hired to do.

ghostrider777
Community Member

sir, you replied to me? is Am I protected by Upwork?

NikolaS

Hi Muhammad,

In order to foster fairness, reward loyalty, and encourage freelancers and agencies to grow their business on Upwork, Upwork provides payment protection to freelancers and agencies for hours legitimately billed according to the eligibility criteria below. 

To qualify for Upwork Hourly Protection, you must:

• Have an Hourly contract
  • Work with a client with a verified billing method
  • Use an Upwork account in good standing
  • Log your hours with the Upwork Desktop App
  • Be visibly working on contract-related activity in your Work Diary
  • Annotate your Work Diary with memos or activities labels that describe the activity performed
  • Maintain adequate and fair activity levels
  • Stay within the contract's weekly limit

You can find more information in this help article

Additionally, feel free to check these help articles for more information about Hourly Contracts.

Thank you, 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths