🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Hourly contract ends, money in "work in progr...
Page options
7a057797
Community Member

Hourly contract ends, money in "work in progress" not "Pending"

I was working with a client on an hourly contract which we set and we limit it to 3h a week with a specific rate (15$ for each h), when I was working on it, I didn't hear about hour tracking or anything, and the hours were set to 0 hours, but the project was done, then I tried to set it by anything (Manual time), I was telling the client to release it as I say for milestone clients, but he tells me that when he ended it the hours will be sent to me (the 45$), after ending it, the 45$ were set in the "work in progress" not in "Pending", so what do I tell him to release them for me or they will be sent automatically or what (Don't forget that the contract has been closed yesterday)

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
booksist
Community Member

Mustafa A wrote:

after ending it, the 45$ were set in the "work in progress" not in "Pending"

That's because the week hasn't ended yet. It'll remain "in progress" until Sunday night, and then it'll move under "in review" and stay there until next Friday... No need to worry, really 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Mustafa,

When you're working on hourly contracts your clients are billed every Monday for the hours tracked in the previous week. To learn more about how you're getting paid on hourly contracts check out this help article. Thank you. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Yes, I read articles, but my hours were manual time, not tracked and the contract has ended, in addition, the 45$ are in "Work in progress" now not in "Pending", and this is opposite the article says, so I think it is a problem not will wait untill it reaches me, thanks in advance again, (How do I get my money...)

7a057797
Community Member

Me and him want the operation (take 45 from him sent to me), but we can't, as I'm new here and he is not a freelancer, can Upwork help us do this operation for us, or not...

booksist
Community Member

Mustafa A wrote:

after ending it, the 45$ were set in the "work in progress" not in "Pending"

That's because the week hasn't ended yet. It'll remain "in progress" until Sunday night, and then it'll move under "in review" and stay there until next Friday... No need to worry, really 🙂

So it will be sent even the contract has ended and even the 3h has been set manually...thanks so much 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members