🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Hourly contract not showing on the tracke...
Page options
eric5037
Community Member

Hourly contract not showing on the tracker

Hi, 

I'm confused with a contract: I don't really know what it is. I think it is an hourly contract but it doesn't appear in the tracker. 

It doesn't appear as an active contract but as a "starting soon" contract.

What do I have to understand?

If I go to the contract, I see a rate, a weekly limit, a start date and a manual time which is disallowed and can requested and in the work diary, I have that message: "Work Diary not found. Are you sure you've selected the right company? Please check the company label in the upper left.
By default, freelancers do not have access to their team members' Work Diaries. Please speak to your client if you need access." , 

What do I do?

What kind of contract is that?

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
prestonhunter
Community Member

If a contract is starting soon, then it is NOT supposed to show on the desktop time-tracker tool. It will show there when it has actually started.

Preston H wrote:

If a contract is starting soon, then it is NOT supposed to show on the desktop time-tracker tool. It will show there when it has actually started.

Thanks, Preston for your help. 

Yes, it's logical. What I'm not sure of is if the client really knows what he's doing. It may be a new client on Upwork creating his first contract. For example, he agreed on a 8 hours contract and set it up to 15 hours so I told him about that because it seemed kind of weird to me. 

I will ask him.

Eric B wrote:

Preston H wrote:

Thanks, Preston for your help. 

Yes, it's logical. What I'm not sure of is if the client really knows what he's doing. It may be a new client on Upwork creating his first contract. For example, he agreed on a 8 hours contract and set it up to 15 hours so I told him about that because it seemed kind of weird to me. 

I will ask him.

I reply to myself: it begins tomorrow. 

never seen that before: usually when it starts, it starts from now but why not, right?

Eric:
It happens. This has happened to me. Often the client doesn't realize that he has set an hourly contract to START on a future date. I think it is easy to do without really thinking about it.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Eric,

The contract you're referring to is still not active so this is why you're seeing the message under your ''Work Diary'' tab. This contract will become active tomorrow. Once it becomes active it will be available both under your Desktop app and your ''Work Diary'' tab. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
eric5037
Community Member

Bojan S wrote:

Hi Eric,

The contract you're referring to is still not active so this is why you're seeing the message under your ''Work Diary'' tab. This contract will become active tomorrow. Once it becomes active it will be available both under your Desktop app and your ''Work Diary'' tab. 

Thank you, Bojan.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members