🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Hourly contract payment issues.
Page options
achareorock
Community Member

Hourly contract payment issues.

Hi community, I have been working on an hourly contract of $5/hr since 19 November using my phone and I have been delivering my work done to client through mail.

And so far, I noticed on my contract as it says I haven't worked yet.

I am just being informed about the time tracking and the rest using desktop app.

Wat now should i do? Especially as manual timing is disabled in my contract.

And wat about all the work i have done and sent to client soo far and does it mean hourly contract cant be done using a Mobile phone?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It is definitely possible.

That is between you and the client. Tell him:

"Terrence:

Thank you again for the opportunity to work on this project. At this time, Upwork does not offer a version of its time-tracker application that works on mobile devices. I can only log time if you use your client-side contract page to enable manual logging. Please send me a message after you have done that, so that I can continue my work."

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
prestonhunter
Community Member

In the future, only work if you are able to log time.

For the hours you have worked up to this point, you are allowed to send a message to the client to ask him to pay for the hours using the bonus tool. The client will need to decide if he will do so. The honest and ethical thing for him to do would be to pay you.

But I want to be very clear about something: it is the freelancer's responsibility to know how to use Upwork properly, and to use the tools properly. This was the freelancer's mistake.

Thanks for your reply.

I will like to know if there is a possibility to switch to manual timing and work using my phone.

It is definitely possible.

That is between you and the client. Tell him:

"Terrence:

Thank you again for the opportunity to work on this project. At this time, Upwork does not offer a version of its time-tracker application that works on mobile devices. I can only log time if you use your client-side contract page to enable manual logging. Please send me a message after you have done that, so that I can continue my work."

I very rarely use time tracker at all. 

But it mostly depend on the client and the type of activity you are performing.

How do you mean sir?

Can you please explain further?

Is there a possibility of doing hourly work and getting paid without recording your work hours?

Filip wrote:

I very rarely use time tracker at all. 

But it mostly depend on the client and the type of activity you are performing.

That's all very well provided manual time is allowed (in the OPs contract it is not allowed, and the client had specifically excluded it, because it is allowed by default unless disabled) and you do not require any protection from no-payment or disputes. (manual time = no protection.)

Achare ashurock J wrote:

How do you mean sir?

Can you please explain further?

He means he is using manual time which his clients allow him, but you can't because your client deliberately disabled that option.

Why can't you work on a computer, which will enable you to track your time, considering the client decided they did not want you to use manual time?

Achare,

Many freelancers have said on this board that they regularly or solely use manual time tracking because it best suits their work style or the nature or their projects or other reasons, so manual time is a good option for them and their trusted clients.

But you should keep in mind that by "allowing" manual time on a contract the client is only allowing you to enter a work hours number manually in the Upwork system. The client has absolutely no obligation under Upwork's rules to actually accept such hours as payable and Upwork will do nothing to help you get paid if the client decides (s)he doesn't want to pay for any or all of your claimed work time.

Using manual time with a client you don't know well and trust means you are taking on a lot of risk of never getting paid for your work. 

Good luck.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths