🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Hourly job billing
Page options
andhaz
Community Member

Hourly job billing

Hi! I’m new to the platform and recently I got my first hourly job. It was for a one time job.
I got to work and added my hours manually after finishing it. And thought there was going to be no problem, now, this was on a Sunday. So those hours should be billed already. I understand that they undergo a review and the earnings will not be available instantly, however, my problem is that as of today, Monday, I don’t see anything indicating that I worked those hours, or that they are actually going to be billed, in fact the contract was terminated right after the hours were reported (it was a one time job) and it won’t even display the work in my profile because at the moment it doesn’t say that anything was billed, it just shows the rating the client gave me, and this doesn’t show on my profile either, so I’m kind of worried I might have done something wrong and I’ll never receive the payment or something.

Thank you in advance.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Andres H wrote:
Hi! I’m new to the platform and recently I got my first hourly job. It was for a one time job.
I got to work and added my hours manually after finishing it. And thought there was going to be no problem, now, this was on a Sunday. So those hours should be billed already. I understand that they undergo a review and the earnings will not be available instantly, however, my problem is that as of today, Monday, I don’t see anything indicating that I worked those hours, No need to worry, the client will be billed today

Take a look at your Reports Home Page, you'll find the hours under In Review

That is the page you really want to familiarize yourself with.

Also, be careful with manual time, it is not in any way protected and if there is any issue, you will not get paid. It's never happened to me in all the years I have been on the platform, but it has happened to lots of people.

Use the tracker for your own safety, at least until you know and trust a client.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Andres H wrote:
I got to work and added my hours manually after finishing it. And thought there was going to be no problem, now, this was on a Sunday. So those hours should be billed already. I understand that they undergo a review and the earnings will not be available instantly, however, my problem is that as of today, Monday, I don’t see anything indicating that I worked those hours, No need to worry, the client will be billed today

Take a look at your Reports Home Page, you'll find the hours under In Review

That is the page you really want to familiarize yourself with.

Also, be careful with manual time, it is not in any way protected and if there is any issue, you will not get paid. It's never happened to me in all the years I have been on the platform, but it has happened to lots of people.

Use the tracker for your own safety, at least until you know and trust a client.

andhaz
Community Member

They’re there. Thank you very much for your help!

i have forgotten to add memo while doing hourly job.What should I do now,I am still doing the job. Can I add memo in work diary manually ? will it affect anything?

Sikha S wrote:

i have forgotten to add memo while doing hourly job.What should I do now,I am still doing the job. Can I add memo in work diary manually ? 

For this week (today) you can edit the memo in the work diary. For last week you are too late.

Sikha S wrote:

...will it affect anything?

Not if your client pays and doesn't dispute. 

You lose payment protection, but as long as the client doesn't do anything unusual, it won't be an issue.

Hi Sikha,

As Petra said, you can't edit the Work Diary after the freelancer review period ends. The freelancer review period runs Monday from 00:00 midnight to 11:59 a.m. UTC. For more information on the Weekly Billing Cycle, you can check out this help article. Please note that one of the requirements to qualify for Upwork Hourly Protection is to annotate your Work Diary with memos or activities labels that describe the activity performed. You can check this help article for more information on the Hourly Protection.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members