🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Hourly payment Clarification
Page options
abdurahman_b
Community Member

Hourly payment Clarification

Hello,

I kindly need an answer on how to get paid with this my scenario:

On Monday, I accepted an offer of 3hours/week for 20$/hour and the client allowed manual time though.

After 3hours of job submission, I couldn't saw my 3hours earning get paid($60).

I reached out to the client, she said she assumed Upwork should automatically pay me. She sent a bonus of $40

What should I do for original 3hours($60) payment release?
16 REPLIES 16
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abdurahman Babatunde,

I checked this for you and looks like no manual time was added for the contract you're referring to. Since this contract is still active, you can discuss adding manual time for today with your client so that your client is automatically billed for them on Monday.

Please learn about Hourly Payment Protection and weekly billing cycle

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Does this screenshot means she didn't set manual time of 3hours?

Thanks

**Edited for community guidelines**

Did you log the hours into the system? You can log manual time under My Jobs > Work Diary, there should be a green button on the right side of the page in green that says "Add Manual Time"

If it says "Request Manual Time" it means you'll need to message your client for permission to allow manual time.

Thank you for the explanation. Yes, there is the green link of Add Manua Time but I can't add my exact time range. I did 10:24 pm to 1:24am. But on the time drop downwn list, it is something like 10:20pm, 10:30pm, 1:20am, 1:30am that is there..

And I have done the job since Monday!
Any helpful tips please to get paid?

Abdurahman Babatun A wrote:
Thank you for the explanation. Yes, there is the green link of Add Manua Time but I can't add my exact time range. I did 10:24 pm to 1:24am. But on the time drop downwn list, it is something like 10:20pm, 10:30pm, 1:20am, 1:30am that is there..

Make it 10:20 pm to 1:20 am

Thank you for the kind suggestion petra!

Though I tried that before, but it continue to tell me the contract start at 10:24pm. So am incapacitated!

Though I tried that before, but it continue to tell me the contract start at 10:24pm. So am incapacitated!

just make it 10:30 pm to 1:30 am

It really, REALLY does not matter, as long as you get the hours in.

But you've already been paid as a bonus for two of those hours, so simly add one more and be done with it.

It really isn't THAT complicated.

Very apt! Thanks a lot Petra!

Clients don't book hourly work time for you, although they can limit your allowable weekly hours.

You either use the Upwork app TimeTracker to track your work time or you add time manually to your timelog for the project.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211064088-Install-the-Desktop-App

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211064098-Log-Time-with-the-Desktop-App

Thank you for the clarification sir. But can't I also track my hourly work time using upwork mobile app?

Thank you for the clarification sir. But can't I also track my hourly work time using upwork mobile app?

No, you can't use the mobile app to track hours. You have to download the tracker to a laptop or computer.

The mobile app has no tracking ability.

Thanks for the clarification. I just read on another topic here that, lack of recording memo and tracking time doesn't guarantee my hourly payment. That's probably why I am not getting paid. This is my first hourly work, so am a novice in the aspect.

Anything I can do now to initiate the main payment, though the client having loved my work gave me a bonus of $40 after lodging my complain to her

Thanks for the clarification. I just read on another topic here that, lack of recording memo and tracking time doesn't guarantee my hourly payment. That's probably why I am not getting paid. This is my first hourly work, so am a novice in the aspect.

Anything I can do now to initiate the main payment, though the client having loved my work gave me a bonus of $40 after lodging my complain to her

You really need to read up on how hourly payments work on Upwork. It was utterly unprofessional of you to raise a complaint to the client. If you have been paid the bonus then you need to remove the corresponding hours from your work diary, or the client will be charged AGAIN for the hours you logged.

Any hours logged this week are charged next Monday.

You need to read up on the weekly billing cycle.

Ok, thank you petra for the explanation.

Thanks, petra! Have read on how hourly payment work.

I will immediately remove the time logged afterall i have been paid the bonus.

I really appreciate you!
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members