🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Hourly payment and closing a contract
Page options
f7ce4af8
Community Member

Hourly payment and closing a contract

Hi

I worked on April 19th and added the hours to my hourly rate contract with my client. 

I completed the work today (Apr 25) and he wants to close the project on Upwork, which I am of course fine with him doing. However there is a payment that is pending from Apr 19. I realize that the payment was invoiced today (Mon Apr 25 and that he has until Fri to dispute, which he will not do).

If he closes the project today will it prompt him to approve the final payment fron the 19th that's due so that I can get paid on Wed?

Will closing the project before all payments to me have been completed cancel any open and unpaid invoices?

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

It 100% does not matter.

You get paid based on the hours you logged.

It does not matter when the contract is closed.

It does not matter who closes the contract.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

It 100% does not matter.

You get paid based on the hours you logged.

It does not matter when the contract is closed.

It does not matter who closes the contract.

Thanks!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Richard, 

The hours you logged will be billed according to the Weekly Billing Cycle. Closing the contract will not affect when the payment for the hours you logged last week will be released. Your client will still have this week to review your hours, and your earnings will be processed and made available to your account next Wednesday. You can check the article I linked above for more information on the Weekly Billing Cycle. 

I hope this helps!

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members