🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Hourly project in paused state since Friday, ...
Page options
arefin319
Community Member

Hourly project in paused state since Friday, September 4, 2020.

Hi,

My latest hourly contact with my client is in paused or halted state since Friday, September 4, 2020. Client neither responding to my quarries nor he closes my contact though I asked him to close the contact if he does not need my assistance anymore. But unfortunately, no reply from my client.

What should I do now? Need some expert’s assistance about it.

-Samsul

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Samsul:
If I am the freelancer... and a client paused the contract since September 4, 2020, and I sent a note asking about the project already and didn't hear back from the client...

Then I will simply close the contract myself.

The client is not paying attention to this. The client does not currently have any work that she wants me to do.

I will close the contract and not send any more messages to the client.
The client will not provide any feedback. That is fine. This is not going to hurt me.

Later, if the client wants my help, she knows where to find me.

re: "But was keen to know the effects about it on my JSS and Freelancer rating if I hold it like that because paused status has no effect on me except it adverse effect on my profile and top rating stats."

Having a totally paused contract on your profile?

I don't think it has a big effect on JSS.

But it can have SOME effect.
The PERCENTAGE of ACTIVE contracts counts POSITIVELY toward your JSS.
So eventually having this completely paused contract on your profile could have a small negative impact on JSS, because it won't be counted as an active, earning contract among your total set of open contracts.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
tlbp
Community Member

Samsul A wrote:

Hi,

My latest hourly contact with my client is in paused or halted state since Friday, September 4, 2020. Client neither responding to my quarries nor he closes my contact though I asked him to close the contact if he does not need my assistance anymore. But unfortunately, no reply from my client.

What should I do now? Need some expert’s assistance about it.

-Samsul

If you don't want the contract to remain in progress, close it. It's your freelance business, you need to make your own decisions about what you want to do.

arefin319
Community Member

But was keen to know the effects about it on my JSS and Freelancer rating if I hold it like that because paused status has no effect on me except it adverse effect on my profile and top rating stats.

prestonhunter
Community Member

Samsul:
If I am the freelancer... and a client paused the contract since September 4, 2020, and I sent a note asking about the project already and didn't hear back from the client...

Then I will simply close the contract myself.

The client is not paying attention to this. The client does not currently have any work that she wants me to do.

I will close the contract and not send any more messages to the client.
The client will not provide any feedback. That is fine. This is not going to hurt me.

Later, if the client wants my help, she knows where to find me.

re: "But was keen to know the effects about it on my JSS and Freelancer rating if I hold it like that because paused status has no effect on me except it adverse effect on my profile and top rating stats."

Having a totally paused contract on your profile?

I don't think it has a big effect on JSS.

But it can have SOME effect.
The PERCENTAGE of ACTIVE contracts counts POSITIVELY toward your JSS.
So eventually having this completely paused contract on your profile could have a small negative impact on JSS, because it won't be counted as an active, earning contract among your total set of open contracts.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths