cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hourly rate should be differ for different work. Please remove my minimum hourly rate. which is now $4

A. K. M. Tanvir A Member Since: May 8, 2009
1 of 6
I lost so many job for my high hourly rate, mine is $4. For that those client hire another one who work for $3. I was agree to work $3 but my client can't hire me for $3 just because of my minimum hourly rate $4. My point is, what is my fault to not getting those job? Why other freelancer got my job? Regarding this issue I have contact with oDesk help but got no help. oDesk's Facebook page is also bring me no help. Last of all, I do various work at oDesk. So my hourly rate varies for different work. Wages for HTML coding and simple data entry should not be same.. For example: To creating email template I charge $5 - $10 per hour but for simple data entry work I charge $3. So when I apply for a simple data entry job at oDesk, client wants to hire me for $3 but he can't hire me for my $4 hourly rate. After that he hire other freelancer. Previous months I got interview/offer from different clients but now a days I got nothing. I guess my application are hidden from my clients. See this: 1. https://www.odesk.com/community/node/32640 2. https://www.odesk.com/community/node/32848 So I am not only suffer this. A lot of peoples are suffering this. I have contact with oDesk help but got no help as usual. And also on their facebook pages. They tell me to post my problem here. I hope oDesk will consider my issue or Maybe its time to close my current account which contains 3800 wroking hours ($2>) and make another fresh account. I am frustrated for oDesk's new rule. Regards, Tanvir
John Caspian T Member Since: Dec 2, 2011
2 of 6
Your hourly rate should be based on what YOU'RE worth, not on what job the client wants done. If my rate was $50/hour, I'd charge $50/hr for any job I accepted. Employees of companies aren't paid different wages for different tasks they have to do. Stick to your fee, and if they don't want to pay it, find another client who will. And don't waste your time doing jobs that are "worth" less than your hourly rate. Find a different one. No client is EVER going to be more concerned with your worth than they are with their bottom line. I'm not saying clients are bad, it's their JOB to care about their bottom line. And they're going to pay the least amount you'll require.
Russell C Member Since: Jan 25, 2014
3 of 6
[quote]Employees of companies aren't paid different wages for different tasks they have to do. Stick to your fee, and if they don't want to pay it, find another client who will. And don't waste your time doing jobs that are "worth" less than your hourly rate. Find a different one.[quote] I see a deep flaw in this line of thinking. A freelancer IS NOT an employee. They are a small business owner who contracts their services to others. Business DO in fact take on jobs that pay different rates or have different profit margins. You are not listening to the concerns of the OP. You are imposing a flawed world view on them. You see the freelancer as an employee and worse as property. The freelancer is not "worth" anything. The service the freelancer provides has a value and that is what the rate is based on. The OP is saying that he can offer two types of services but is being locked into one rate. It is like telling a tree trimming company they must charge the same for raking leaves as they do for falling a tree and cleaning it up. The time does not matter the task is what sets the cost for the company (freelancer). The OP might want to offer lower paid services as a way of building a relationship with a client so they can later apply for higher paid tasks. Like raking leaves for a client each fall (low profit steady work) to build a relationship so the client calls you when it is time to cut down a tree (high profit occasional work).
Community Guru
Reynaldo M Member Since: Aug 4, 2012
4 of 6
Or, I am an Electrician and a Carpenter, For Electrical Work my rate is $15/hr for Carpentry work its $10/hr. I think he got lost in translation there.
Robin C Member Since: Jan 10, 2012
5 of 6
In your world where people don't get paid different wages for different tasks, where do I sign up to vacuum the floors and receive an executives salary? Of course pay changes depending on the type of job.
Md.Sahriar N Member Since: Jul 20, 2012
6 of 6
This new feature should be removed immediately...Otherwise freelance have to leave oDesk...
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS