🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Hourly timesheets in review...does my cli...
Page options
bliouxmichelle
Community Member

Hourly timesheets in review...does my client need to do anything?

Hi!

I will completely fess up to being a newbie and just want to clarify something.  I read the help pages and forum answers but still a lil confused.

My timesheet from last week is now in the review tab. This is an hourly gig. Does my client need to do anything to approve it or will I just be paid next week?

I ask because all of my 1st clients are also newbies. I've had to walk 2 clients through milestones today and want to make sure I absolutely understand hourly before I start guiding clients on what to do.

Thanks so much!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Hourly timesheets in review...does my client need to do anything?"

No.

re: "Does my client need to do anything to approve it?"

No.

re: "or will I just be paid next week?"

You get paid automatically based on the time that you log.

You don't need to  do anything else. The client doesn't need to do anything else.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Hourly timesheets in review...does my client need to do anything?"

No.

re: "Does my client need to do anything to approve it?"

No.

re: "or will I just be paid next week?"

You get paid automatically based on the time that you log.

You don't need to  do anything else. The client doesn't need to do anything else.

Thanks so much Preston!

Quite helpful Thanks Preston.

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Keep in mind the Upwork work week for hourly projects ends each Sunday evening at midnight Greenwich Mean Time (UTC).

The amount due (minus Upwork's fees) will be released for transfer to your checking account, etc. two Wednesdays after if the client has not lodged any complaint about the hours you've booked using the Time Tracker app.

Avoid using "manual" hours, even if the client "allows" them. There is no obligation whatsoever under Upwork's rules for a client to pay anything for "manual" hours.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths