🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Hours disappeared from Work Diary
Page options
caterinafuligni
Community Member

Hours disappeared from Work Diary

Hello everyone,

I have been working for a client for the past 2 months, for about 3 hours almost every day. I manually enter the hours I work in the workdiary everyday. Today, after noticing that I hadn't received any email saying 'your weekly timelog is ready for review' on Monday the 18th, I went to check and noticed that the hours I entered in the time period 6-17th of May disappeared!!! Did anybody have the same issue?

My only explanation is that maybe the client had forgotten to upload other billable hours and basically I was continuing working for him and entering 'not billable hours'.
Can you please clear my mind?

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Caterina F wrote:

My only explanation is that maybe the client had forgotten to upload other billable hours and basically I was continuing working for him and entering 'not billable hours'.
Can you please clear my mind?

The client can't "upload billable hours" and there is no such thing as "not billable hours".

You want to check if you added the hours to a different contract by accident (a fixed price one?) or whether you are checking the right work diary? 

Thanks for the reply and the suggestion. However, this is the only active contract I have at the moment!

Hi Caterina,

I checked and it doesn't look like any manual time was added on the hourly contract for those dates, unfortunately. I see that you had a fixed-price contract with the same name until recently. Is it possible that you added the hours to that fixed-price contract by mistake? It's possible to track time on fixed-price contracts for recording purposes but the client is not billed for those hours automatically. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thank you for checking. I was sure to have entered them in the right contract, but at this point that option looks plausible. Unfortunately, I was the one to end the contract on the 18th of May, because I had successfully finished the work long time ago.

I tried to check if I entered these hours in that fixed contract, but I haven't found anything.
Is there a way for the client to check if by mistake I added the hours on that one?
So I can ask him to check it out.

Caterina,

Actually, yes! Your client can go to Jobs> All Contracts, click on the closed fixed-price contract and they'll see a Work Diary tab. They'll be able to view hours you added there. To pay you for those hours, however, they'll need to manually issue a bonus to you.

I hope this helps.

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths