Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hours for Fixed-price Jobs

mdsumonahmed
Sumon A Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
31 of 34

Dear Preston H,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I have enable the tracker for fixed price job. But my concern is, "Is it possible to show my clients that how many hours I worked in his fixed-price project? It will help me to get paid as milestone against the hour I worked in the project.

Thanks,

Sumon

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
32 of 34

Sumon, 

the answer to your question is: Yes.

If you enable time-tracking, clients will be able to see how many hours you log while working on your fixed-price contract.

richard_wein
Community Guru
Richard W Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
33 of 34

Preston H wrote:

Sumon, 

If you enable time-tracking, clients will be able to see how many hours you log while working on your fixed-price contract.

I can't speak from personal experience, but from what I've read in this forum I don't think this is correct. I don't think the client would be able to see Sumon's hours worked.

But I agree with you that this is a bad idea either way.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
34 of 34

Richard W wrote:

Preston H wrote:

Sumon, 

I can't speak from personal experience, but from what I've read in this forum I don't think this is correct. I don't think the client would be able to see Sumon's hours worked.

But I agree with you that this is a bad idea either way.

If the client goes into the work diary he can add them up manually.

I agree it is a bad idea either way.

Sumon A wrote:

Yes I have enable the tracker for fixed price job. But my concern is, "Is it possible to show my clients that how many hours I worked in his fixed-price project? It will help me to get paid as milestone against the hour I worked in the project.

No. it won't help at all.

Christine A wrote:

It's a "privilege" to use fixed price contracts? It's not like the freelancer has any control over it;

Of course the freelancer has control over it. The freelancer decides what to accept and what not to accept.

Personally, with most jobs I really don't care, I go with whatever the client prefers as long as I'll end up earning the same. SOME contracts I will only accept on an hourly basis and some only as fixed rate ones, and I just make that clear during the pre-offer discussions.

This isn't modern slavery. Freelancers can accept or not accept whatever they like and negotiate their terms / sell their arguments why one form of contracts will suit the project better than the other.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS