🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Hours tracked but not showing up in My Jobs
Page options
roberty1y
Community Member

Hours tracked but not showing up in My Jobs

I did an hourly contract which I tracked with the Upwork tracker. But I just noticed that, in the My Jobs page and my Work Diary, it says no hours have been tracked yet on this job. I have handed over the work to the client but I haven't closed the contract or requested payment.

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Robert Y wrote:

I did an hourly contract which I tracked with the Upwork tracker. But I just noticed that, in the My Jobs page and my Work Diary, it says no hours have been tracked yet on this job. I have handed over the work to the client but I haven't closed the contract or requested payment.

When did you track those hours? Also, you don't request payment on hourly contracts, the client is charged automatically for all hours tracked  or logged during the previous week on Monday.

Are you sure you tracked the time? Were the screenshots taken? When you look at the tracker, does it tell you how many hours you have tracked right there on the tracker?

To be clear, you downloaded the tracker, turned it on, toggled the switch to "on" and then worked on the same device, and then turned it off after you finished?

Are you sure you tracked to the correct contract?

Petra R wrote:

Robert Y wrote:

When did you track those hours? Also, you don't request payment on hourly contracts, the client is charged automatically for all hours tracked  or logged during the previous week on Monday.

Are you sure you tracked the time? Were the screenshots taken? When you look at the tracker, does it tell you how many hours you have tracked right there on the tracker?

To be clear, you downloaded the tracker, turned it on, toggled the switch to "on" and then worked on the same device, and then turned it off after you finished?

Are you sure you tracked to the correct contract?

Thanks - I see now that it's showing up in My Jobs>All Contracts>Time and Earnings. It just doesn't show up anywhere else in My Jobs.

It was tracked correctly, with periodic screenshots, so all is OK there. Maybe the My Jobs page only shows time tracked this week? So I am paid automatically when I do hourly work? But the contract still needs to be closed?

Robert Y wrote:

Maybe the My Jobs page only shows time tracked this week?

Yes. It tells you that, too.

Robert Y wrote:

So I am paid automatically when I do hourly work? But the contract still needs to be closed?

You are paid automatically and the contract does not need to be closed if there may be more work. I have hourly contracts that have been open for years and I just work on them as and when the client has more work.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members