🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Hours
Page options
manal-satour
Community Member

Hours

I am newly her , I would like to ask how the client know the hours that I work, is he tracking my screen at my computer or I manual it at the clients sheet.
1 REPLY 1
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I would like to ask how the client know the hours that I work, is he tracking my screen at my computer or I manual it at the clients sheet."

Both are possibilities.

ALL hourly contracts allow freelancers to use the Upwork desktop time-tracker application, which takes screenshots at random intervals approximately ten minutes apart. The application also records the LEVEL (per minute) of keystrokes and mouse clicks, but is NOT a keylogger.

If a freelancer uses this time-tracker, they can qualify for Upwork Payment Protection, which is a good thing.

ALSO: A client may leave the option open for a freelancer to log time MANUALLY. Or a client may choose to disable that option. Manually logged time involves no application running while you work. You keep track of your time on your own and you log the time after each work session: "Today I worked from 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. on the Andrews report."

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths