🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How Can I find Upwork's Current Exchange Rate...
Page options
endytech
Community Member

How Can I find Upwork's Current Exchange Rate Before Making Withdrawals?

Hi everyone,

Usually, when I want to make withdrawals, it displays the last exchange for the currency I was about to withdraw into. But I can no longer find that now. Maybe I missed the steps to that direction. How do I know what Upwork currently exchange dollars to my local currency for?

5 REPLIES 5
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Gabriel,

The currency conversion will be performed by Upwork's banking partner at the time the funds are sent to you. Once you have withdrawn your funds, the rate will be listed on the email confirmation you will receive. To learn more about this, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Goran V wrote:

Hi Gabriel,

The currency conversion will be performed by Upwork's banking partner at the time the funds are sent to you. Once you have withdrawn your funds, the rate will be listed on the email confirmation you will receive. To learn more about this, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

In essence, whatever Upwork or the bank sends to me I should accept and move on!

The purpose of knowing before hand is to enable one calculate the expected amount for two reasons; 

1. To help us decide which option of withdrawal is most beneficial and less expensive.

2. My currency is the Nigerian Naira. Banks in Nigeria are notorious for debiting ANY amount from customers accounts without accountability. How I do lay complain after the deed is done? Nigerian banks don't attend to complaints, they operate with impunity and immunity from the central bank. Upwork better return the last currency exchange rate for us please.

Hi Gabriel,

Apologies for the confusion. I just double checked the section you're referring to, and Petra is right. At the moment, we have a known problem with this and our engineering team is working on resolving it as soon as possible. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Gabriel S wrote:

Usually, when I want to make withdrawals, it displays the last exchange for the currency I was about to withdraw into. But I can no longer find that now. 

There seems to be a bug that causes the last used exchange rate not to be shown when initiating a withdrawal. It's been happening a few days and Upwork are aware of it. Presumably it will eventually get fixed

Goran V wrote:

Once you have withdrawn your funds, the rate will be listed on the email confirmation you will receive. 

At which point it's rather too late, wouldn't you agree?

Are you actually saying that the exchange rate that was showing up until a few days ago (which was the exchange rate used the previous day) while withdrawing has been deliberately removed? Last we were told it was a bug?

endytech
Community Member

Petra R wrote:

Gabriel S wrote:

Usually, when I want to make withdrawals, it displays the last exchange for the currency I was about to withdraw into. But I can no longer find that now. 

There seems to be a bug that causes the last used exchange rate not to be shown when initiating a withdrawal. It's been happening a few days and Upwork are aware of it. Presumably it will eventually get fixed

Goran V wrote:

Once you have withdrawn your funds, the rate will be listed on the email confirmation you will receive. 

At which point it's rather too late, wouldn't you agree?

Are you actually saying that the exchange rate that was showing up until a few days ago (which was the exchange rate used the previous day) while withdrawing has been deliberately removed? Last we were told it was a bug?

If this was done deliberately then Nigerian freelancers are doomed. Banks in Nigeria are autocratic and can take whatever they want from your account, especially if they know you received money from another country. If youlodge a complain it takes them over six months to attend to such complaints, and you are not guaranteed of a refund. Please upwork should return the previous day exchange rate.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members