🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: How Do I Close A Successful Contract?
Page options
designtiff
Community Member

How Do I Close A Successful Contract?

Hello!

I just finished a job with my first Upwork client. I delivered the final files. The job is a hourly rate which I tracked my hours using the desktop Upwork app. How do I request or end the contract to receive final payment and client feedback to help create my job sucess score? Right now, I have no earnings or success score. This is my first completed job on Upwork. The client is also happy with my work.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Tiffani

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tiffani,

On an hourly contract, you log hours and the client is automatically billed for them. You have logged the hours this week for this contract, this work week has not ended yet. Timesheet for this week will be available for the client’s review next week and they’ll have until Friday to file a dispute. If they do, we update you via email and a notification in your Upwork account. 

You may look into asking your clients to close a contract that doesn’t need any work done on them anymore or closing it yourself after discussing this with your clinet.

If the client is closing a contract, they are prompted to provide feedback on it. If a contract is closed by the freelancer, an email is sent to the client to notify them about it and to encourage them to leave feedback. If they don’t leave feedback, it will not affect the freelancer’s JSS negatively.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tiffani,

You can check your Work In Progress tab in order to confirm the status of your payments. 

Please check the Weekly Billing Cycle article for more information about the schedule to release hourly payments. It takes about 10 days for payments to be processed. The first week is when you log time on an hourly contract, which ends every Sunday. The client then has 5-days to review, and/or, dispute any the hours logged on the Work Diary. If there are no issues with the hours logged, the payment for the contract will then go to a 5-day security period before it becomes available on your account.

More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing eight projects. Here is the help article for more information.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

Thank you for your response. Just so I understand correctly, I logged all my hours and the job is now complete. Do I need to close the contract or does client close the contract once the payment is made? Do clients manually make payments or is it automatically withdrawn from their account? My client profile said 'payment verified'. I guess from reading your response, I'm wondering if I'm missing a step to notify the client to make the payment and provide feedback. Or should I ask the client directly?

Thank you,

Tiffani

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tiffani,

On an hourly contract, you log hours and the client is automatically billed for them. You have logged the hours this week for this contract, this work week has not ended yet. Timesheet for this week will be available for the client’s review next week and they’ll have until Friday to file a dispute. If they do, we update you via email and a notification in your Upwork account. 

You may look into asking your clients to close a contract that doesn’t need any work done on them anymore or closing it yourself after discussing this with your clinet.

If the client is closing a contract, they are prompted to provide feedback on it. If a contract is closed by the freelancer, an email is sent to the client to notify them about it and to encourage them to leave feedback. If they don’t leave feedback, it will not affect the freelancer’s JSS negatively.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you Bojan for the feedback! Much appreciated Smiley Happy

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members