🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: How Do I Find out a reason for account su...
Page options
ladyelexia
Community Member

How Do I Find out a reason for account suspension?

Once again I have had to verify my identity, which I don't mind and this happens every month or two. In each previous instance, there was simply a "restriction" that stayed in place until the usual verification steps were complete (ID upload/Bank Statement/Video). This time, however, a suspension was listed along with verification request. I complete those steps within an hour of the request as usual. 

I got the notification that the verification was completed and accepted (as usual), however, there is still a suspension with no listed reason. I have already sent a ticket, the only thing they say is "yes it's verified, but we need research". 

When I ask about the reason for the suspension or what needs to be researched I get stonewalled. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Heather, 

I apologise if this has caused you any inconvenience. I checked your recent tickets, and your account, and can see that the team has escalated Ticket# 26196297 for further review. Please be assured that the team will reach out to you the soonest once they have fully reviewed your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Heather, 

I apologise if this has caused you any inconvenience. I checked your recent tickets, and your account, and can see that the team has escalated Ticket# 26196297 for further review. Please be assured that the team will reach out to you the soonest once they have fully reviewed your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Thank you for your reply and additional stonewalling. My post here and also my question in the ticket everyone is avoiding is WHY is there a suspension.  All suspensions have a reason, it is common policy to inform an account holder of the reason. 

Avery O wrote:

Hi Heather, 

I am not sure what to do, after posting here, "Grace" sent me a message via the ticket/email system, which I replied to, then nothing. Today I asked for an update and a completely new person asked the exact same question (obviously cut and paste), without even bothering to see that I was already asked and answered the exact same question!. Of course, again there is no one to be found and I am getting very frustrated. Anyone who is able to view the ticket ( #26196297), can see the whole conversation thread, I am not sure why they don't actually ready anything before sending a canned reply. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear about the inconvenience this caused, Heather. 

I'll go ahead and follow up with the team regarding this and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly with an update as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
73b6e515
Community Member

The contractor I used was suspend for all new work and I want to know why.  I might not trust her anymore but need to know what happened from upworks side.

Ryan B

lysis10
Community Member

Ryan B wrote:

The contractor I used was suspend for all new work and I want to know why.  I might not trust her anymore but need to know what happened from upworks side.

Ryan B

They won't tell you why a freelancer was suspended. 

73b6e515
Community Member

that does not make me feel good about continuing to use this freelancer...  if she got suspended then something is not right.  Why can they continue to work on existing contracts?  but not new ones?  

Ryan B

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ryan,

Unfortunately, we are unable to discuss the details of another user's account with you for privacy reasons. We hope you understand.

Please, check out this help article for more information about the most common reasons for the freelancer account holds.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths