d59f1f5e

How Do I Reopen Closed Account

I'd like to reopen my freelancer account. I was told to contact customer support but for some reason you guys don't have a simple contact email address so I had to sign in with my employer profile just to post something.

196 REPLIES 196
tinker_bell3

Hi Joshua,

I sent you a private message. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

hello goodmorning please help me on how to reopen my account because i've got new account thats why i will closed this new if i can reopen the old account thx for fast solutions ๐Ÿ˜ž ๐Ÿ™‚

email me so i can an reply to you ๐Ÿ™‚ im newbie here

Hi Earl, 

I was able to locate, and reinstate your old account. Kindly close this new account to comply with the Upwork Terms of Service. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Good Morning Avery.... 

I closed my account a few months ago, I did not know I would not be able to access it again. I have opened a new account with the same email address. I had been on Upwork and established myself as a freelancer, plus had contacts I wanted to maintain. Could you please help me? 

Thank you. 

Hi Jacqueline,

I'd be happy to assist you with your concern. II would just like to confirm, do you prefer to use your old account? If you do, we will have to close this account that you used to post here in the community. You are only allowed to have one Upwork account. Having a duplicate accounting is a violation of Upwork ToS. Please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Yes. I am willing to delete my new account. Will my messages be restored as
well?

Hi Jacqueline,

Messages should get restored as well. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Great. If you could please restore it, that would be great and I will close
the new account. Do you need further information from me about the closed
account? My associated email is the same as this and the one that I have
associated with the new account.

Will I receive a notification it has been reopened? Will I receive a
temporary password? As stated the new account is a single log in with my
google account associated with this email and I want to be sure I will not
be locked out of the old account.

Hi Jacqueline,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket to assist you further in restoring your account. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hey,

I'm kind of in a similar situtation I made an account and accidentally close it. now I can't signup or login into that account. i just created this one so i that i can cantact you

Hi Some,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea -

I previously closed my original Freelancer account similar to the other folks on this thread, and I would love for that account to be reactivated. I made this one to be able to reply to this chat.  Thanks for your help!

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Clarissa,

Your original account has been restored. Make sure to close the new one in order not to violate Upwork's TOS.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you so much!

Hello,

Good day.

I would like to ask for your help in restoring my old account. I closed it last week and I kind of need to get it back.  I just opened this new account to reply on this thread. 

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi Bella,

Thank you for your message. Could you please click on my name next to this post and send me a private message with the registered email address so that I can assist you directly?

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello! I have the same problem, I'd really love to reopen my old account which has my main email, could you help me please??

Hello! I want to reopen my old account which has my main email, could you help me please??

Hi A D,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have escalated your concern and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork

hey,

I got the same problem. I made an account and accidentally close it. now I can't signup or login into that account

Hi Dev,

Could you please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with more details about your original account so that I can assist you further? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Upwork team!
I have the same problem and want to reopen my closed account. I have all information about the account and I'll be glad if someone could help me
Thanks

Hi Ilya,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your original account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi

I mistakenly closed my account
I want to recover it back

Please help

Hi Aakash, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi I recently closed my account and was wondering if youd be able to help me reopen it?

Hi Ashley,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your original account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Joanne, 

I have a similar issue where I get the response "Google account d...e@gmail.com is not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork. Please make sure you are using the same account that you have previously linked."

The email address is **Edited for community guidelines**. Can you kindly assist with restoring this?

Hi Gabriel,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with this concern.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

I'd also like to reopen an account I closed last year. My email address is **Edited for Community Guidelines**.

Thanks.

Hi Joan,

I shared your request with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola

Untitled

Can you re instate mine too **Edited for Community Guidelines** I have a payment pending and I need to report earning to US govt.

Hi Marcus,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with your account.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I also would like to activate my previous account; I closed it within the last 2 weeks.  I had to create a whole new account in order just to contact someone to deal with it.  I'm using the same email, my other account is possibly under Debra.

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I deleted my upwork's old freelancer account**Edited for community guidelines**by mistake. I want to restore it. I have opened this new account to restore my old account. I will close this new account after restoring the old freelancer account. Please help

Hi Chander,

Please send me a PM with the details of the account you're referring to so I can check. Please click on my name to send me a PM. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Avery!

I created a new account so I can message here and hope that you can help me recover my old account because I did not know that I would not be able to access it again.

I am willing to close this account so that I can use the first one again.

Please email me. Thank you!