🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: How I respond if Client Share Email Addre...
Page options
mustafaraza74
Community Member

How I respond if Client Share Email Address

Hi, I submitted one of my proposals, and the client responded with his email id and it was his first message. now tell me what kind of action I should take? Please help me with that matter and normally what kind of action do I need to take? Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
nyonomega0
Community Member

Tell the client that it's forbidden to communicate outside of Upwork before having a contract in place.

If they refuse to stay on Upwork, chances are it is a scam.

pgiambalvo
Community Member

Politely tell the client that all communication must go through Upwork until a contract is in place. After that, you can communicate however works best for the both of you. If the client refuses, they are likely a scammer.  Read this, please: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Community-Blog/Top-Red-Flags-for-Scams-From-Community-Member-Wes-C/b...

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Mustafa,

You could respond to the potential new client along these lines:

As you may know, during our pre-contract communication Upwork requires that we only use Upwork’s own version of Zoom, rather than WhatsApp, Zoom, Hangouts, etc., to talk through the specifics of what you need and to discuss any questions you and I have for one another:

On-platform Interviews – Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

After that call I can start work on this (immediately/as soon as Upwork confirms your payment method). We can then use any method of communication you prefer.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths