🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How If I (as Freelancer) Can't Continue the C...
Page options
annisa_sarah
Community Member

How If I (as Freelancer) Can't Continue the Contract?

Hi All,

I just got a fixed price contract that requires exhaustive work. I didn't predict this before I accept the offer, my fault 😞 Me and my client agreed to accomplish it in 4 weeks.

After several days of work, I count my work speed and how much data I can finish in a day...whoa, it will be 8 weeks (or maybe more than 2 months!) with full 8 work hours a day.  So it probably finish at the end of January 2020, which I am afraid I can't make it because I am pregnant right now and my due date is February 2020. 

I think about writing an apology letter to the client and cancel the contract. Can I do that from my side as freelancer? If I cancel my contract, will the client able to give me a rating? I am afraid she will give me bad feedback and affect my Top Rated badge and JSS. I am okay if I am not getting paid because I haven't reached 10% of the work yet. Should I make a refund request for the money on escrow?

It's my first experience in this kind of case since I joined Upwork in July. Thank you for your help.

0 REPLIES 0
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members