Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Job Success Score loses IF...

a_miroshnichenko
Community Leader
Alexandr M Member Since: Jan 11, 2016
1 of 9

For example if my total incomes for past 10 jobs are 1000$ and I got hired for 1000$ contract with 2 millerstones (200$ funded + 800$ not funded yet).

How it will effect on my JSS if I close contract with reason "Job not compleated".
a) before getting any money
b) after getting 200$

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 9

Tell the client to fully fund or no deal.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 9

@Alexandr M wrote:

For example if my total incomes for past 10 jobs are 1000$ and I got hired for 1000$ contract with 2 millerstones (200$ funded + 800$ not funded yet).

How it will effect on my JSS if I close contract with reason "Job not compleated".
a) before getting any money
b) after getting 200$

It depends on what feedback the client leaves, internal and (if money is paid) public....

a_miroshnichenko
Community Leader
4 of 9

a_miroshnichenko
Community Leader
5 of 9

Does Nobody knows how JobSuccesScore calculates?

I've made 10 jobs = 1000$ total. 
My JSS = 100%

How JSS will be changed if:
step 1. I accept job offer for 1000$ (funded). With  2 weeks deadline.
step 2. After 1 week I close the job with reason that I unable to do it.

So.. client losed his time, but not money (all money returned to him automatically).

How it will effect on my JSS ?

This widget could not be displayed.
6 of 9
This widget could not be displayed.

@Alexandr M wrote:

Does Nobody knows how JobSuccesScore calculates?

I've made 10 jobs = 1000$ total. 
My JSS = 100%

How JSS will be changed if:
step 1. I accept job offer for 1000$ (funded). With  2 weeks deadline.
step 2. After 1 week I close the job with reason that I unable to do it.

So.. client losed his time, but not money (all money returned to him automatically).

How it will effect on my JSS ?

I do not know what you are planning and why. For me all sounds bad, even if you pay back the money you have disappointed the client and harmed his business. So, it is OK if your JSS is harmed by this activy. If you want to know how much, you can try it. Do not expect us giving you good advice for strange business behaviour.

a_miroshnichenko
Community Leader
7 of 9

@Margarete M wrote:
I do not know what you are planning and why. For me all sounds bad, even if you pay back the money you have disappointed the client and harmed his business. 

I don't want to talk a lot of words about harm and benefits... Why? Not becouse I have nothing to say. But becouse I have no ability to change system. I don't want to be punished by system for good things (couse of not correctly understanding rules). The only thing I can do - to know rules. That is what I want.

I would prefer not to make experiments.

a_miroshnichenko
Community Leader
8 of 9

Looks like I have the only option - to ask top rated support. Last 2 times they worked perfect.

rekasesh
Community Leader
Rekha S Member Since: Jul 13, 2015
BEST ANSWER
9 of 9

Alexandr,

You're asking freelancers about a mysterious algorithm - JSS  and then, getting upset because they really, truly, definitely, literally don't know how your's will look like in a hypothetical scenario...

If only freelancers knew how JSS worked, 20% of forum threads wouldn't exist.

But based on personal experience, I will share a lesser-known secret or two --

(1) If the project was funded and you ended the contract (for whatever reason) without working on the project, you can lose 0-2 points.

(2) If the client decides to leave negative private feedback -- 0-5 points on a freelancer recommend rating scale -- even though no money or files were exchanged, you can expect JSS to drop upto 5 points.

Again; this is highly subjective and may not translate into reality in many cases.

Best, 

Rekha

View solution in original post

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS