cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Long Does It Take to Get Top-Rated Badge to Show Again?

jirvin716
Jennifer B Member Since: Apr 22, 2016
1 of 18

I deleted my old employment and now I'm not top-rated anymore. I added employment once again to get the badge again. How long does it take to show up as Top-Rated once again?

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2 of 18

Hi Jennifer,

In order to be a Top Rated you will need to fulfill the below requirements: 

1. A current Job Success Score of 90% or higher
  2. First hire on Upwork was more than 90 days ago
  3. Maintained Rising Talent status or a Job Success Score of at least 90% for at least 13 of the last 16 weeks
  4. A 100% complete profile  (90% for those who brought their profiles over from Elance)
  5. 12-month earnings of at least $1,000
  6. Up-to-date availability 
  7. An account in good standing with no recent account holds

If you need further help let me know, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork
jirvin716
3 of 18

I was Top-Rated for a few years, but the badge disappeared when I changed my employment. I changed it back, but my question is how long until it shows up again on my profile? 24 hours?

jcullinan
Community Guru
Jess C Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
4 of 18

@Jennifer I wrote:

I was Top-Rated for a few years, but the badge disappeared when I changed my employment. I changed it back, but my question is how long until it shows up again on my profile? 24 hours?

I'm having this same issue, but I think it's related to disabling test scores from showing on my profile. I've been Top Rated since the program began, but today logged in to see this pop-up:

Screen Shot 2018-04-04 at 10.50.45 AM.png

My stats page shows 16:16 weeks eligible, and profile at 100%, but the badge is gone. I re-enabled one of the stupid test scores, but that made no difference.

I've opened a support ticket but am interested to see that I'm not the only one seeing this problem.

So, yes, please, moderators, answer the simple question: how long until it shows up again on my profile?

And is this a technical issue, or is it related to changes made on one's profile?

(Also, a peeve with the list of "perks" - there is no real "Top Rated forum.")

jirvin716
5 of 18

Interesting to see I'm not the only one with this issue! I suppose I should open a support ticket as well. Does this affect our invitations to bid on jobs? I was under the impression that Top-Rated freelancers get dibs on invitations. If that's the case, I'm missing out on opportunities because of this glitch.

jcullinan
Community Guru
6 of 18

@Jennifer I wrote:

Interesting to see I'm not the only one with this issue! I suppose I should open a support ticket as well. Does this affect our invitations to bid on jobs? I was under the impression that Top-Rated freelancers get dibs on invitations. If that's the case, I'm missing out on opportunities because of this glitch.

Invitations are based on client searches. I believe one of the filters they can select is "top rated," but they're not prevented from sending invites to other freelancers.

I'm annoyed because the few jobs I choose to apply for usually "prefer" Top Rated status, which means if I apply while the badge is MISSING from my profile, I'll get shuffled to the bottom of the list.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 18

Hi Jennifer and Jess,

100% complete profile is one of the requirements for Top Rated program as Goran noted. Once the freelancer meets all the requirements it takes up to 48 hours for the badge to appear on their profile.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Upwork
jcullinan
Community Guru
8 of 18

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi Jennifer and Jess,

100% complete profile is one of the requirements for Top Rated program as Goran noted. Once the freelancer meets all the requirements it takes up to 48 hours for the badge to appear on their profile.

Thank you.

This does not answer the question! My profile has been listed at 100% the whole time - I just made changes. Does not displaying a test score count as an incomplete profile? Does changing employment information count as an incomplete profile?

Edited to add: Is this really by design that making very minor changes to one's profile results in a removal from the Top Rated program?

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
9 of 18

Jess,

Yes, hiding a test or removing employment information can bring profile completeness down depending on which sections of the specific profile are filled. Each completed section contribute certain percentage to overall profile completeness as described in this help article.

Edited to add: You had 60% for the main sections of the profile completed, additional employment history gave you 20%, portfolio - 10%. Public skill test result accounted for the last 10%. Without it, the completeness score would go down.

~ Valeria
Upwork
jcullinan
Community Guru
10 of 18

@Valeria K wrote:

Jess,

Yes, hiding a test or removing employment information can bring profile completeness down depending on which sections of the specific profile are filled. Each completed section contribute certain percentage to overall profile completeness as described in this help article.

Edited to add: You had 60% for the main sections of the profile completed, additional employment history gave you 20%, portfolio - 10%. Public skill test result accounted for the last 10%. Without it, the completeness score would go down.

This is completely insane. There is no warning on the profile page that a change will cause it to go below 100% completion. There was no indication on the "My Stats" page, which I checked last evening, after the change had been made, that my completion had dropped, either.

Is it truly by design that someone who has been part of the program since its inception can click one radio button and be dropped out of it with no warning whatsoever?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS