cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Long Does It Take to Get Top-Rated Badge to Show Again?

jcullinan
Community Guru
Jess C Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
11 of 18

Update: Customer Service was able to restore my badge as of this morning, but there is still no explanation of why I received no warning that I would lose it by making such a minor change on my profile.

This needs to be addressed, and fixed.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
12 of 18

Jess,

Profile completeness percentage always shows on the account home page "Find Work."

Screenshot from April 5, 2018 12-21 PM.png

I'll share your feedback regarding additional notifications with the team.

Thanks.

~ Valeria
Upwork
jcullinan
Community Guru
Jess C Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
13 of 18

@Valeria K wrote:

Jess,

Profile completeness percentage always shows on the account home page "Find Work."

I'll share your feedback regarding additional notifications with the team.

Thanks.

This is completely unhelpful information.

If I make a change on my profile that will result in my losing Top Rated status, there needs to be a pop up WARNING that this will happen before the change takes effect.

If I'm on my profile page making changes, I'm not on the Find Work page, looking at a sidebar I don't even see anymore because that's a stupid place to keep that info in the first place. Seriously. A little logic here.

sergio-soria
Community Guru
Sergio S Member Since: Dec 19, 2017
14 of 18

I agree this should show a warning before the freelancer modifies his/her profile. I believe most people don't know about this.

I don't have the badge right now, I believe I lost it because I was not hired for some time even though I was applying, hence my earnings didn't stay consistent. I am hired again now so I guess that sooner or later I'll get the badge back.

Now my question is... is it true that changing anything in the profile could make the badge disappear? If I feel sure enough to add a new language in my list or if I want to change or add samples I have in my portfolio, or if I want to modify my rate, will any of that make the badge disappear too?

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
15 of 18

Hi Sergio,

To answer your question, removing items from a freelancer profile can in some cases result in the profile completeness level dropping, in which case the freelancer's status and badge can be affected since having a complete profile is one of the Rising Talent/Top Rated status requirements.

However, in the scenario you mentioned, updating your profile and adding new information shouldn't  change the completeness level if your profile is already 100% complete. Feel free to change your profile rate, add a new language, replace or add new Portfolio samples or update any other area of your profile, just make sure your profile contains the same amount of information (or more) than in the previous version. You can read more about what it takes to have a complete profile and a combination of profile areas which will result in reaching 100% completeness in this Help article.

Rest assured that even in an event of a profile falling below 100%, freelancers can reach out to us and we can advise them on actions they need to take in order to fully complete their profile again and get their status back, in case that was the reason why the status was removed.

Untitled
arslandop
Osman A Member Since: Dec 9, 2020
16 of 18

Hello Vladimir. 

I just received my job success score of 100. I have been a rising star for 15 weeks of 16 so far. I made over $1000 in the last 3 months. My profile is 100% complete, no account holds. I just received my job success score today. Before the job success score, I only had 2 criteria left. A job success score and my first hire being more than 90 days ago. Now I may be eligible depending on what they mean by my first hire was more than 90 days ago. How do they judge that. The ending date of my first contract or the beginning date of my first contract. My first contract lasted between September 23rd and October 4th. So am I eligible based on September 23rd or October 4th. It is not a huge difference but still, I would like to learn if it is possible. Thank you. 

Best,

Osman

khanfaisal70
Muhammad Faisal K Member Since: Jun 19, 2018
17 of 18

I job sucess score 100 percent , i my eleigible week reached 13 ,my earning is 600 ,account started 6 month back ,no account hold,100 percent complete profile ,will i be able get top rated badge ?

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
18 of 18

Muhammad Faisal K wrote:

I job sucess score 100 percent , i my eleigible week reached 13 ,my earning is 600 ,account started 6 month back ,no account hold,100 percent complete profile ,will i be able get top rated badge ?

Eventually, when your 12 month earnings are over $ 1000, provided you still fulfil all the other criteria

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS