cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Long We Can Add Manual Time in Upwork for Any Client

baljitkaurkharar
Baljit K Member Since: Mar 11, 2017
1 of 11

I would like to add manual time for one of my client as he is having some issue with his payment method and he has allwoed me to add manual time. So please let me know how long i can add manual time like for one week or more or less

katrinabeaver
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
2 of 11

Issues with his payment method has nothing to do with whether you should add manual time except for the fact if he don't pay, you won't get paid for manual time. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
baljitkaurkharar
3 of 11

But currently that project is on hold so can we add manual hour in that case also and if yes for how long time like suppose the contract is on hold for next two week so can we add manual hours for two weeks?

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
4 of 11

It is IMPOSSIBLE to add time to a suspended contract, manual or tracked.

View solution in original post

baljitkaurkharar
5 of 11

are you sure about this?

katrinabeaver
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
6 of 11

Petra is absolutely right, nor are you supposed to be working on a contract that's suspended. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
petra_r
Community Guru
7 of 11

@Baljit K wrote:

are you sure about this?

Yes, of course I am sure about this.

It's a crazy idea to want to add time when you KNOW for absolutely CERTAIN that the payment for that time would not go through on Monday.

Your client is suspended until he resolves his issues, so why in the world do you think Upwork would allow a freelancer to add time that would not be paid for?

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
8 of 11

@Petra R wrote:

so why in the world do you think Upwork would allow a freelancer to add time that would not be paid for?

That's a great question. But, recently, I submitted a payment request on a fixed price job that was suspended, and the client received the notification, approved it and I got paid. I'm not sure why it would work with a fixed price contract and not an hourly one.

petra_r
Community Guru
9 of 11

@Tiffany S wrote:

That's a great question. But, recently, I submitted a payment request on a fixed price job that was suspended, and the client received the notification, approved it and I got paid. I'm not sure why it would work with a fixed price contract and not an hourly one.

Because with a fixed rate contract the client has already PAID and the money is in Escrow.

Because it is physically impossible to track time, or add manual time while a contract is suspended.

kat303
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
10 of 11

Bailit - if your client is having problems or having an issue with his payment method, what makes you think that those same problems will not occur if you add manual time.

Do NOT continue to work on this project until you hear from UPWORD, (and not by what your client says) that these issues have been resolved. And if so, use the tracker and record the screen shots. If there's a problem with your clients' payment method is will not take Weeks to straighten out, It will only take a few days IF that long.

And when you ask for advice, or ask a questions, listen to what advice was given to you.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS