cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How “Long-term clients” score works?

Community Leader
Mahmudur R Member Since: Jan 14, 2014
1 of 11

Over a month I didn’t get a new job nor was any “job in process” ended. Means, I was totally far from dealing a single job in last 30 days but was keep submitting my proposals daily. Then why my “Long-term clients” score got 21 from 26 today? As long as I had no term of beginning or ending with any job then why my “Long-term clients” score suddenly dropped?

Thanks! 

Mahmud
Ace Contributor
Nicolas A Member Since: Apr 29, 2015
2 of 11

I don't know either how this works (mine keeps fluctuating around 20% and 30%), but I would also like to know what the purpose of this score is and what is considered "good".

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 11

@Mahmudur R wrote:

As long as I had no term of beginning or ending with any job then why my “Long-term clients” score suddenly dropped?

Thanks! 

Chances are a long term client fell out of the time/window

Community Leader
Mahmudur R Member Since: Jan 14, 2014
4 of 11

Hi Petra,

Thank you! If a long term client keeps falling out of the time/window then I am gonna lose my JSS, right? How come I might lose my Job Success Score when none of my Job was unsuccessful!!!

Mahmud
Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 11

@Mahmudur R wrote:

Thank you! If a long term client keeps falling out of the time/window then I am gonna lose my JSS, right?

What are you talking about....

The level of long term clients will not NEGATIVELY affect your JSS, but having them can POSITIVELY affect it.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 11

Hi Mahmudur,

Long-term clients metric shows the percentage of clients you work with for at least three months within last year. So contracts that are more than one year old will not count. This could be over one or multiple contracts and could be hourly or fixed-price work.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
7 of 11

Hmmm. Is the positive effect of long-term clients consistent with penalizing open contracts? Or does "long-term clients" really mean "active, predictably revenue-producing clients"? If so, does "work with" mean invoice?

Best to all,

Michael

8 of 11

Yes, Michael, active contracts used for making payments, log time or submit milestones are counted in the long-term percentage.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
9 of 11
Thanks, Valeria!

So "used:" how much/often during any given three months: Weekly for hourly? How about fixed-price? A milestone each week? Each month? (Not that it's natural to set milestones that way, and we might as well go with the flow.)

Best,
Michael
10 of 11

We will not be able to provide further details about how often time needs to be logged in or milestones submitted in order for the contract to be considered long-term.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS