🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How Not To Get Bad Feedback If A Project Is F...
Page options
15cebed0
Community Member

How Not To Get Bad Feedback If A Project Is Failed By The Customer?

I have a contract that has automatically ended before being completed.

The customer now wants his money back while I did half of the job. He was not responding to me for weeks on end.

I don't want to receive a bad rating just because customer was away all of this time.

I don't want to provide him with neither good nor bad feedback.

If I receive bad feedback from him, that's going to cripple my account as I did only 2-3 tasks by now.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Olha R wrote:.

What is going to happen if I ignore that 5-day frame to accept/dispute money return?

The money goes back to the client and you don't have to leave feedback. They client, however, can.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

If your client closed the contract, then he already left feedback for you and it will appear in your profile after you leave feedback for him or after two weeks have gone by. I suggest that you leave feedback for the client that reflects your bad experience, so that other freelancers will know that they shouldn't work with him. If he has made really bad comments and you don't want to deal with the dispute process, you have the option of giving a full refund and then no public feedback will appear; however, it will still affect your job success score when you receive one.

Unfortunately, the kind of clients that you're working for - the type who want a lot of work done for hardly any money - are usually not very nice people. You need to be careful about what projects you accept.

At the moment the contract has been closed automatically for inactivity and nobody has left any feedback at all. The client also didn't ask for their escrow funds back, that request is generated automatically as well. Chances are the client doesn't even know this happened yet.

You can either dispute the return of the escrow funds and complete the work, or walk away with no feedback and no payment. The client may or may not re-appear.

You should never accept a contract until you have everything you need to complete the first milestone at least, that way it doesn't matter if the client vanishes.

15cebed0
Community Member

Petra, thanks for the on-point advice!

The customer requested a logo. I sent him a few variations, we discussed what he likes and doesn't like, and then he disappeared.

If I dispute the escrow return, I have to leave feedback. I'm not comfortable with neither leaving the positive one, nor the negative.

What is going to happen if I ignore that 5-day frame to accept/dispute money return?

re: "What is going to happen if I ignore that 5-day frame to accept/dispute money return?"

You do NOT need to respond to that notice. You are allowed to IGNORE it, and the money will be automatically returned to the client.

If you want the money, and your are simply uncomfortable about leaving a review, then don't think about the review. Leave the free-form text box BLANK. You are allowed to do that! If you don't want to think about the star feedback, just click all fives, while saying to yourself "This is not a real review." That is the moral equivalent of not leaving any review at all.

petra_r
Community Member

Olha R wrote:.

The money goes back to the client and you don't have to leave feedback. They client, however, can.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members