🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How Often can you cancel proposals?
Page options
pcarbonell
Community Member

How Often can you cancel proposals?

I have made a lot of proposals, and no one is answering me. The clients seem inactive. Some of these proposals date back to January 23rd. 

If I decided to cancel the ones that are inactive, I'd be cancelling around 20 proposals. Is there a policy against this? 

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Pedro c wrote:

I'd be cancelling around 20 proposals. Is there a policy against this? 

No, but why would you want to do that? You gain absolutely nothing. You don't get any connects back and just go from "small chance of being hired" to "no chance of being hired".

ashrafkhan81
Community Member

Like Petra said there is nothing to be gained by doing that! 

Eventually after a certain period, not sure what the period is, proposals will be automatically archived by Upwork. 

I have had a few cases where clients replied to my proposals after weeks on months and ended up hiring me! 

Like it is often mentioned on this forum, one should forget about the proposal after sending it! 

cassajoy
Community Member

I agree with Petra, why?

I have proposals going back a couple months but when I look at the posting again, it doesn't show that they actually hired anyone yet. 

Here are some things I learned along the way: submit proposals and keep moving - you wouldn't know how busy the client is - the client may not need to start right away and may respond weeks or months later.

I wish I remembered who said these points, and Petra may have been one of them! 

hydra2016
Community Member

Pedro, 

Just leave the proposals as they are, you never know: once a client offered me the job 2 months almost after my proposal, and it was a good client, so just forget about it, but in case they contact you it is all good! 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members