🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How On EARTH do you get support here?
Page options
4e02702b
Community Member

How On EARTH do you get support here?

Considering Upwork are taking 20% of freelancers earnings AND taking a fee from the employer the support here needs VAST improvement. Where is the customer service here? This is a platform all about communication but they provide no clear support and expect to leave it to their users? This does NOT fill me with confidence.

I completed my first job here yesterday after two days of very long hours. The client approved the payment was really happy with the work and now nothing!

No feedback facilities offered for either me or the client, the fee is not showing in my account, there is some nonsense about my Paypal account not being approved for 3 days, an account that has been trading and in good standing since 2004.

Had this been one of the other freelancer platforms I would have been processing a withdrawal by now. If this is the level of support Upwork offer I doubt I will be bidding here again. I would appreciate someone contacting me and letting me know what is going on here.

Gary

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Gary M wrote:

I would appreciate someone contacting me and letting me know what is going on here.

Nothing is "going on" here, you have simply not yet taken the time to gain an understanding on how you get paid on Upwork (Hint: The time to do so is before accepting a contract, not after you've been paid...)

Go to your Reports Overview, where you will find your funds under the Pending tab, during the standard 5 day security period. There is also a handy link telling you how you get paid on Upwork.

"Where is my money?""Where is my money?"

For security reasons, your PayPal won't be active for 3 days, but that's fine, because you can't withdraw for 5 days anyway.

Feedback is left when the contract is being closed.

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gary,

To request help, you can click the question mark icon (see screenshot) located at the bottom right corner of this page and provide information about your account type as well as the issue you need help with. *Note: you must be logged in to see this option. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can click the "thumbs down" button and you'll see more support options.

Regarding your concern, the funds for the milestone are currently in the 'Pending' tab of your Reports page. Please note that payments for fixed-price milestones (and bonuses) have a 5-day security period from the time payment is made to funds availability. For more information, you can check this help article.

Your client and you can leave feedback on the contract once it's closed. You can check this help article to learn more about it and this one from the client's perspective.

Regarding your PayPal and payment methods in general, once you add a new one like you did, for security purposes, it takes 3 days for the method to become active. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Aleksandar thanks for the help I was not aware the contract had to be closed first. The feedback/payment loop on most freelancer sites begins when the employer releases the escrow.

Apologies if I sounded snippy, I am very big on quality support for my own clients and find bot's mildly irritating and for the most part not very helpful. Call me old fashioned but nothing beats a simple support ticket for great service and to make your clients feel like valued customers.

Still not sure of the logic of a freelancers earnings being held for 5 days when the client has demonstrated they are happy with the work via an escrow release.

Thanks for your help.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members