cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Payment Works

Highlighted
Sergio L Member Since: Feb 13, 2014
1 of 9
hi guys im new here on odesk and luckily i got my first project and i've finish the job so im about to get paid but i have some questions.I just want to know if how am i able to get paid on odesk. should i really need to have a bank account? i already make a payment method through paypal but i also don't know how paypal works too? can someone please help me.Thanks.
Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 9
Welcome to oDesk, Sergio, and congratulations on finishing your first job! Once you have the funds available on your oDesk account, you can withdraw them to your payment method. You can use PayPal and then simply transfer the money from PayPal to your bank account. You can check other payment methods available in your country as well. Check these help articles for more information: Earnings and Getting Paid in the Philippines.
~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Meliza Gerry A Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
3 of 9

@Valeria K wrote:
Welcome to oDesk, Sergio, and congratulations on finishing your first job! Once you have the funds available on your oDesk account, you can withdraw them to your payment method. You can use PayPal and then simply transfer the money from PayPal to your bank account. You can check other payment methods available in your country as well. Check these help articles for more information: Earnings and Getting Paid in the Philippines.

Hi..

I'm new in Odesk too, now I'm still waiting for the result of my client to review my 1st milestone. As Sergio, lately I opened a new account of payoneer. They said that my card will be arrive between 6 and 13 of April. Can I get the payment if my card doesn't arrive yet?

Highlighted
4 of 9

Hi Meliza,

Once your client reviews and approves your work for the 1st milestone, the funds will become available on your oDesk account. You do not have to withdraw your available balance right away and can keep it on your oDesk account until your Payoneer card arrives.

I hope it helps.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Meliza Gerry A Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
5 of 9

Thank you valerie,, my payment is still on pending, Its a happy day, can't wait for my first payment..

Highlighted
6 of 9

Hi Meliza,

A little tip: when you go to Reports and then click More Reports and select Transaction History, you should be able to see the date when you pending funds become available on your oDesk account. I hiope this information helps.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Hayley P Member Since: May 26, 2015
7 of 9

Hi,

Im new to UpWork and did a small job at the end of the week but my balance shows as 0 even though on the job page it shows as paid. please could you advise how i can see the balance?

thanks in advance.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
8 of 9

Was it an hourly job or a fixed price job?

Highlighted
9 of 9

Congrats with completing your first job, Hayley!

It looks like the payment for your fixed-price job is currently pending because of the standard six-day security period. If you go to your Reports and then click on the Pending tab, you will be able to see the date when your earnings will become available for withdrawing.

I hope it helps!

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS