cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Access Accurate Transaction Records

Community Leader
Matthew T Member Since: Nov 18, 2017
1 of 6

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone has figured out a way to access accurate transaction records for UpWork. I mean records that reflect when actions are taken by the client or freelancer rather than later dates, I am not actually sure how to refer to the dates that appear on the transactioin records or the milestone event records.

It's something of a headache trying to reference an event or transaction by date when the dates on UpWorks reports are not the same as the dates that the event or transaction took place or was initiated.

Thanks 

Matthew

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
2 of 6

My Jobs > All Contracts >Click on the Contract > Terms and Settings > History of contract changes

history.jpg

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
3 of 6

Hi Matthew, 

I would like to note the Upwork website and the transactions are posted in the UTC timezone which is maybe why you are seeing different timings on your transactions. 

-Avery
Untitled
Community Leader
4 of 6

Avery O wrote:

Hi Matthew, 

I would like to note the Upwork website and the transactions are posted in the UTC timezone which is maybe why you are seeing different timings on your transactions. 

UTC!! mine enemy, just kidding, I actually changed how I keep my own records to use UTC for this reason but we are talking about a difference in days, such as a milestone, that according to my records was paid and the next activated last monday, shows on the report as being the 24th, two days from now, and I was trying to find a report that would state the date that it was completed and approved/paid so that I could do a timeline for the project, but all I have are my records since the transactioin history is saying February 24th......

Nevermind, I just stopped and followed Petra's screener and found exactly what I was looking for, thanks y'all

Hey but while I have your ear, for the hourly jobs, they close on Sunday UTC, and the client has until Friday to approve or deny the hours, right, and then a 5 day hold period, after which the funds are available to starving Freelancer to give to his daughter to use on Prime. Here is the question. The 5 day period until Friday that the client has to approve or deny the timesheet, is that 5 days period.. or say the client approves and releases funds for the timesheet on Monday and not waiting till Friday, does the additioinal 5 day holding period after the approval begin on Monday, or does that still not start until Friday whether the client approved it or not.

I hope that made sense, I have issues with needing to understand exactly how something works, probably why I rock at what I do, but annoying in every other aspect of life.

Thanks

Matthew

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 6

Matthew T wrote:

The 5 day period until Friday that the client has to approve or deny the timesheet, is that 5 days period.. or say the client approves and releases funds for the timesheet on Monday and not waiting till Friday, does the additioinal 5 day holding period after the approval begin on Monday, or does that still not start until Friday whether the client approved it or not.

Hourly contracts always follow the billing cycle. Clients do not "approve" the billing as such,  "not filing a dispute" during the review period means approval.

The process can not be shortcut.

Community Leader
6 of 6

Petra R wrote:

Matthew T wrote:

The 5 day period until Friday that the client has to approve or deny the timesheet, is that 5 days period.. or say the client approves and releases funds for the timesheet on Monday and not waiting till Friday, does the additioinal 5 day holding period after the approval begin on Monday, or does that still not start until Friday whether the client approved it or not.

Hourly contracts always follow the billing cycle. Clients do not "approve" the billing as such,  "not filing a dispute" during the review period means approval.

The process can not be shortcut.

Petra knows me too well already, thanks again, not so much looking for shortcut, as eleminating possiblity of variation, and the shortcut thing too :-)

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS