🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How To Get Upwork to Reach Out to Unresponsiv...
Page options
lydiarpdigital
Community Member

How To Get Upwork to Reach Out to Unresponsive Client

Hi, I keep seeing the support details that if my client has become unresponsive that I can ask Upwork to reach out to them for me.  Can someone assist me with this?  We still have an open contract and I can see that they've been active on Upwork, but just aren't getting back to me.  They set-up 6 milestones for me to complete and I completed them all one by one each week.  However, they only paid me for 2.  They still ow me for 4 weeks worth of work. 

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

Lydia:

Clients are not required to respond to freelancers.

A client hired you, not the other way around. So if you have done the work that a client requested, and submitted that work, then that may be as far as things go for now.

Upwork does not contact clients to get them to give you more work. Upwork does not contact clients to get them to pay you for un-funded milestone work.

What you are supposed to do is this:

Do the work that was assigned, and which was funded in escrow. Submit that work. Get paid.

Remember: You get paid AUTOMATICALLY if the client doesn't respond.

You are NOT supposed to work on additional milestones that HAVE NOT BEEN FUNDED.

Upwork does not help with something like that.

lysis10
Community Member

From the looks of it, this client hires people for 1-2 articles and bails. They've paid every other writer except 1 $30/$60 and the one probably got his money because he demanded escrow funded.

tlbp
Community Member

If the milestones were funded, submit your request for payment and wait. If the milestones were not funded, then you may be out of luck. Only complete a milestone if it has been funded. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members