» Forums » Freelancers » How UpWork Algorithm sorts Freelancers
Page options
bhavsinhsolanki
Community Member

How UpWork Algorithm sorts Freelancers

How Upwork sort freelancer on client search

10 REPLIES 10
Community Member

You will only get guesses here. That is a privileged trade secret for Upwork.

williamtcooper
Community Member

Hey Bhavsinh, that is a very complicated answer. However, I will give you the main answer. Use your 15 Skills wisely. Thanks!

Hello William, should the 15 skills be centered about one category or should it be spread to as many categories possible.

Hey Mariam, make them centered around the main services you offer including variations of those main services. Have a great day!

Thank you for the advice William, have a blessed day!

Have a blessed day also!

wlyonsatl
Community Member

The best you can do, Bhavsinh S., is make sure your strongest skills, experience, etc. are accurately reflected in your Upwork profile and skillset. Algorithms are only as good as the people who design them and the variables they include, so put your best foot forward and then let the algorithms do their job. It's a black box, but I don't think there would be any major surprises at the elements the algorithms consider. But one never knows...

bhavsinhsolanki
Community Member

Thanks Will

7f73cc64
Community Member

From what I've read, the algorithm is designed to be fair. It also depends on who searches and the time of the search. So, this appears to imply that freelancers are rotated in search results from time to time, which means it is not like the Billboard Hot 100 chart.

Even if there was a way to crack the algorithm code, revealing that secret to freelancers would defeat the purpose of making the platform fair.

How long does it take to build a home? Time does not matter if the foundation is slapped together and rushed for the sake of completing the home's construction. Take things one step at a time knowing your final goal.

Focus on refining your profile and submitting good proposals. With time and providing great results to clients, you will eventually gain the success you desire. 

df602768
Community Member

Just keep polishing your profile, applying to jobs, and be good at what you do, and you'll make it. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members