cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Upwork forgot to send me a very important email regarding job interview?

sachinsharma1507
Sachin S Member Since: Jul 21, 2015
1 of 11

I am really very disappointed from Upwork poor email servicing. I had been called for an interview by my client last week. I was off. He posted message for me on Upwork. Now it was Upwork duty to send me instant email so that I could get connect with my client. But Upwork didn't send me any notification email. Very strange thing is that all notification settings were already on to receive emails. I don't understand how did it happen? But really very poor service of Upwork team. They put me in a great loss. Can anyone from Upwork admin support team answer and solve my query?

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 11

Hi Sachin,

Please, make sure you go to Settings> Notifications and check the chosen setting in the "Email Notifications for Unread Messages" section. There are options to send notifications immediately, every 15 minutes, once an hour or once a day. If you didn't receive our notification in your inbox, please check your spam folder. Please, submit a ticket to Customer Support if you are still not able to find this notification.

Untitled
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 11

1) He complained that he did not get notification that he received an invitation for an interview and messages, so ticking the job recommendation box is a bit pointless 😉

2) Email notifications have been a complete mess for months!

I get one of 3, maximum, probably less.

No, they're not in my spam, no they are not in trash, and no, I'm not going to raise a ticket as they are well aware of the problem, they are working on it, and when it's fixed it will be fixed for everyone.

The weird thing is that I get notifications about messages and invites from SOME clients (then I get a notification every time when they write a message) but not others (then I get none)

The only way around it is to carefully check on the site, and I find the app reliably relays messages on my phone.

Email is useless at the moment.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 11

Hi Petra,

Thanks for the heads up, I edited my post. A bit of a background, the OP didn't receive a formal invitation for an interview, but was messaged by the client.

I do agree some users are experiencing issues with email notifications, but we do need to troubleshoot each issue in order to determine the cause, and have found that following the outlined steps can help users in resolving the issue.

Untitled
thaumata
Amiee H Member Since: Apr 5, 2015
5 of 11

Just wanted to say that my experience with the new messaging system is the same as Petra has described. 

Yes, my settings are correct and have been checked several times. 

For some clients, I get every notification, both here on the website and also on my mobile phone. For other clients, and some random messages, I never get notified AT ALL. The only way I see those messages is if I open up the messages panel here on the website and dig.

I've started attaching my email address to all proposals and requesting new clients deal with me via email (and pay me via Upwork) because the messages system is obviously very buggy since the redesign and as our unfortunate OP can tell you here, it costs money when Upwork gets it wrong!

stephenbrightman
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
6 of 11

1) check your email regularly,

2) check your Upwork app for Updates/notfications, and

3) check into the site regularly for messages etc.

Between those three, you're sorted.

boshoffirene
Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
7 of 11

4th option..carrier pigeons?

geoff55
Ace Contributor
Geoff F Member Since: Aug 20, 2015
8 of 11

@Irene B wrote:

4th option..carrier pigeons?

Preferably without bugs or fleas

stephenbrightman
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
9 of 11

Without bugs? Come on, now...

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
10 of 11

I'm sorry to tell you this, Sachin, but there are people who are relying on their ability to understand what Upwork's messaging and email systems do, and they wait to get a message...

And there are other people who assume Upwork's messaging systems are unreliable. They are regularly checking the website itself as well as checking email, and they are getting hired for jobs you applied to.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS