🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How Upwork protects Freelancer's time? (Legal...
Page options
umrashrf89
Community Member

How Upwork protects Freelancer's time? (Legal)

With my experience working at Upwork, I have experienced multiple time a need to change contract because the work goes over estimated time. This is the nature of software development where estimation are not 100% accurate and there needs to be a change in fixed contracts. Now there are some very nice clients I came across with who would gladly accept my fair changes but there are always some who wouldn't.

My question is how Upwork's terms and conditions protects Freelancers like me in case a client disagrees with the changes? I'd like to have my own terms and conditions and make the client sign it before starting work in case Upwork has nothing like that to protect us.

I'd put something like this in terms and condition:

"In the even of time going over the estimated number of hours provided at the start of the contract, the freelancer or service provider can change contract or adjust it to reflect the updated time spent on the project for accurate compensation."

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
AndreaG

Hi Umair,

Thanks for your suggestion! We'll share it with the team. Meanwhile, have you considered using Hourly Contracts instead? They allow you to be paid based on the hours you work and by meeting the criteria in this help article, you are also protected by Hourly Protection.

Hope this information is helpful,

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members