🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How Weekly Retainer Contract Work ?
Page options
umiiariyan
Community Member

How Weekly Retainer Contract Work ?

Hi Community Members, 

I am first time get into a weekly retainer contract. Can anyone guide me how this will work? Client will release the amount every week and on which day or I will get automatically paid every week for the set amount as a weekly payment for this weekly retainer contract. 

Sorry , I am little confuse now. Because client said I don't need to log hours or use the desktop app. So how exactly this will work. Is it a scam or safe ? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Umair,

Thank you for your message. The weekly limit is set to zero as you are not allowed to log any hours on the contract in additional to the set weekly payment. If you are allowed to log hours outside the set weekly payment, please reach out to your client to increase your weekly limit on the contract.

Please note that the weekly billing period begins on Monday at 00:00 midnight UTC and ends Sunday at 23:59 UTC. At 12 noon UTC on the next Monday following the close of the last week billing period, we automatically invoice clients for hourly contracts including weekly payments. We charge their primary billing method and send them a reminder to review the contract’s Work Diary. The weekly payment does not go through the review period and will be available for withdrawal after 5 days security period. You should be able to check the weekly payment after 12 noon UTC. You can refer to the Report page to check the status of your earnings.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
umiiariyan
Community Member

Bump

spectralua
Community Member

Start worktimer (tracker), proceed works, stop worktimer. After weekend tracked time will be sent to approve, after next week you will be paid. It is safe. But read carefuly about app, all rules.

umiiariyan
Community Member

My client says I don't need to log hours and the hours limit is zero 

Only 50$ weekly retainer

Today is Monday now and nothing happen anywhere in my overview page. 

With 0 limit you cannot register anything.

For 50 you need to start cotract for $25 hourly with limit 2hrs. It allow you register 2 hours and get paid 50. Or $10 hourly with 5 hrs limit.

So this is what I am saying that I got nothing in Overview page and the hour limit is zero , I attached the contract page image in my first post

Client able to edit that. Ask him.

So I have to register hours accordingly to make it $50 to get paid or else there will be no auto payment? 

Mykola, Clients have the option to set a weekly salary on Hourly jobs. See the section in the linked article for "Setup a Weekly Payment".

So , I will see the payment in my account on later Monday or Tuesday? 

PradeepH

Hi Umair,

Thank you for your message. A weekly payment on the hourly contract is an automatic, recurring payment for a specific amount. The client is invoiced this amount each week in addition to the billable hours in your Work Diary. Unlike the hours you bill in your Work Diary, weekly payments do not undergo a review period, and they become available after the standard five-day security period. Check out this help page for more information.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

In my case , the contract have zero hour limit 

The client told me I have to do nothing no time logged manually or via Upwork App because he said it to fix weekly payment of $50 

But nothing happen in my overview page till now for the past week 

re: "In my case , the contract have zero hour limit. The client told me I have to do nothing no time logged manually or via Upwork App because he said it to fix weekly payment of $50. But nothing happen in my overview page till now for the past week"

Umair:

If you ARE NOT SEEING an automated payment of $50 each week, then it means the client DID NOT SET UP an automatic weekly payment.

How long has this contract been in effect? How many weeks?

Automatic weekly payments occur EVERY week.
You should ALSO be able to see the $50 per week number indicated on the contract details page.

If you're not seeing anything like that, and if the client has your maximum number of hours per week set to zero, then it means you are working for free.

If you just barely started, then maybe you haven't received pay yet.

But you really need to check and you need to be able to see that you have money coming in.

Like today is Monday when you think I can see the weekly salary in my overview page? 

Hi Umair,

Thank you for your message. The weekly limit is set to zero as you are not allowed to log any hours on the contract in additional to the set weekly payment. If you are allowed to log hours outside the set weekly payment, please reach out to your client to increase your weekly limit on the contract.

Please note that the weekly billing period begins on Monday at 00:00 midnight UTC and ends Sunday at 23:59 UTC. At 12 noon UTC on the next Monday following the close of the last week billing period, we automatically invoice clients for hourly contracts including weekly payments. We charge their primary billing method and send them a reminder to review the contract’s Work Diary. The weekly payment does not go through the review period and will be available for withdrawal after 5 days security period. You should be able to check the weekly payment after 12 noon UTC. You can refer to the Report page to check the status of your earnings.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Now I understand but the only thing is not acceptable here is the % 

Like I will get paid in 2 weeks. Because the contract was started in Wednesday and I will get 60% only. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths