🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: How about Direct to Local Bank, but NOT E...
Page options
jamqdlaty
Community Member

How about Direct to Local Bank, but NOT EUR withdrawal method?

Hi. I've read some other topics and I've seen explanations saying "direct to local bank is always in local currency". But... EUR is not a local currency where I live. What happens is I get a message from Upwork showing me USD/EUR exchange rate, which is not very attractive, and then my local bank converts EUR to PLN using even less attractive rate. So, EUR is NOT my local currency. How can I withdraw directly to PLN then to avoid at least one of the 2 exchanges? Now that we've stated EUR is not my local currency, how can I at least change to another currency which is NOT my local currency, and I mean USD? In this case I could set up an USD account and just exchange using 3rd party service offering much more attractive exchange rates? The exchanges currently take 6% of the withdrawed amount, this 3rd party would reduce it to around 1%.

2 REPLIES 2
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lukasz,

Direct to Local Bank service lets you withdraw your earnings from Upwork directly to your bank account, in your local currency. However, the deposit to your local bank account is in EUR (as the name and description say).

You can consider using other options that are available to you:

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Why does Upwork say "direct to local bank is always in local currency" then, if EUR is not my local currency?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members