Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How agencies work?

Ace Contributor
Maria C Member Since: Feb 3, 2015
1 of 2

Hello fellow freelancers!

Greetings from Venezuela. I am a oDesk newbie, I opened the account in October 2014 but started seriously bidding on jobs on December. I have managed to land a few jobs, but I am kind of struggling to get more, despite the fact that I am very confident of my skills as a content writer and translator.

Anyway, I was wondering whether to sign up for an agency is a good option for me. I don´t have a clue about how they work or how to contact them.

Can anyone help me here? By the way, if anyone has an observation about my profile or something that you consider I should improve, your suggestions are very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 2

Hi Maria and welcome to oDesk Community!

I have checked your profile and it looks very good. It also looks like you were able to get several jobs within one month which is pretty impressive for a newbie. Some experienced members of our Community might share their opinion and advice with you here as well.

As for your questions about joining an agency. You cannot sign up for an agency so would have to be invited to join. There are advantages and disadvantages of being part of an agency and you can read more about how it works in this help section.

Best of luck!

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS