🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How are my fees displayed to client?
Page options
white-nancy
Community Member

How are my fees displayed to client?

I am new to Upwork. I have sent a few proposals with my total fee of $500. When I look at other bids, I see numbers like $25 or $175. Are these people quoting by the hour? Is Upwork showing that I charge $500 per hour rather than $500 for the entire job?

Thanks for any help you can provide. No support or chat in this system?

Nancy White

2 REPLIES 2
louisaj
Community Member

Hi Nancy,

You will find that bids vary considerably depending on the country that the freelancer lives in and what the USD is to their currency. For example, for some countries, $3 an hour is a good amount of earnings. In the US, that wouldn't get you a decent latte. 

That is why you are likely seeing $25 for the total job; where you would need $500 to justify doing the work, someone, somewhere else, may be entirely happy with $25.

Best wishes,

Louisa 

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Nancy W wrote:

I am new to Upwork. I have sent a few proposals with my total fee of $500. When I look at other bids, I see numbers like $25 or $175. Are these people quoting by the hour? Is Upwork showing that I charge $500 per hour rather than $500 for the entire job?

Thanks for any help you can provide. No support or chat in this system?

Nancy White

If it's a fixed price job, then the totals that you're seeing are the totals for the entire project. But if it's an hourly job, the rates that you're seeing are the hourly rates. So if you've been entering an amount of $500 on hourly jobs, then yes, clients will think that you charge $500/hour. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members