🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: How can I amend an invoice?
Page options
cc974679
Community Member

How can I amend an invoice?

Hi everyone!

Hope you are doing Ok.

I have a little bit of a problem here. I had an hourly job, already completed it. But the client (A) in turn is working for another company (B), that is the one who will pay my bill. 

I've talked with someone from B, who is paying,  and we agreed to reduce the total amount due to a few changes that were made and he is asking me to send an amended invoice to (A), so they (B) can make the payment.

How can I correct the invoice and, for example, if it was 50, reduce it to 40?

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Paulina A wrote:

But if client A receives the money for my pay from client B. 
And client B won't give the total amount, how will client A pay me if he won't have the other 10?

Can I receive the 50 and return the 10 back? How can I do this?

Client A has already paid. Client B has absolutely nothing whatsoever at all to do with you. Your contract and relationship is with client A. Client A has already paid you for any hours logged last week. Issue a refund and let Client A sort out their dealings with Client B.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Paulina A wrote:

You can't. You'll have to issue a refund.

jr-translation
Community Member

Paulina A wrote:

Hi everyone!

Hope you are doing Ok.

I have a little bit of a problem here. I had an hourly job, already completed it. But the client (A) in turn is working for another company (B), that is the one who will pay my bill. 

I've talked with someone from B, who is paying,  and we agreed to reduce the total amount due to a few changes that were made and he is asking me to send an amended invoice to (A), so they (B) can make the payment.

Thanks!

If client A hired you, client A has to pay you. The relationshp between client A and B is irrelevant. Charge client A or let him dispute the hours but do not let client B meddle your contract with client A.

And client B won't give the total amount, how will client A pay me if he won't have the other 10?

petra_r
Community Member

Paulina A wrote:

Client A has already paid. Client B has absolutely nothing whatsoever at all to do with you. Your contract and relationship is with client A. Client A has already paid you for any hours logged last week. Issue a refund and let Client A sort out their dealings with Client B.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members