🐈 Community
» Forums » Freelancers » How can I change my hourly rate
Page options
aliazam99

How can I change my hourly rate

Hi,
I am new in the upwork. I created my account few years ago and set my hourly rate a bit more. Currently I have updated my profile and would like to set my hourly rate lower. But when I edit with lower rate and click on save button. It shows the below error message - 

!      Sorry, something went wrong. We were unable to save your rate.

How can I change my default hourly rate in the profile?

Regards,

Ali A

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ali,

I've checked your account and wasn't able to replicate the error message you mentioned. Please clear your cache and cookies, log into your account in a different browser and let me know if you're still unable to change your hourly rate.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
muhmasood

Maybe you need to do a little bit of wait or Log in again ...Or this could be a new glitch in the system for sometime ..

"One thing I know, that I know nothing. This is the source of my wisdom"
vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ali,

I've checked your account and wasn't able to replicate the error message you mentioned. Please clear your cache and cookies, log into your account in a different browser and let me know if you're still unable to change your hourly rate.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Thank you Vladimir. I've followed your instruction and successfully updated my hourly rate. Now it's working fine. 

Most Appreciated.

Regards,

Ali A

Same problem is occurring here with me. I cleared cache and logged out and logged back in but same problem over and over again.

Hi Syed Salman,

Sorry about that. I tried but couldn't replicate the issue. Could you please also try changing your profile rate using a different browser?

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hello Valeria, 

I am facing the same problem (hourly rate change) but in my case i can't see the edit option that make this possible. 

and i follow al your above replys and try them also but still i am getting the same error with all the browser. 

please give me the solution what i am doing.

Regards,

Amey V.

Hi Amey,

You are an exclusive member of an agency. Please, switch to the agency account, go to Find Work> Agency Roster, select your name and update a profile rate under "Change Roster Settings."

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thanks Valeria,

It's working now. Thanks for the support.

and also nice dp

Hello,

I am part of agency but unable to change my hourly rate hence unable to bid.

Could you pls guide me on the same?

Regards

Swati

I am unable to set my hourly rate. I am part of an agency.

Hi Swati,

Unfortunately, since you're an exclusive member of your agency, you won't be able to do this. You can only work on projects from your agency and not as an independent freelancer. Please communicate with your agency owner or business manager regarding changing your profile rate as only they can do it.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Syed Salman,

Just clear your cache and cookies in the current browser and then open another browser (different browsers) and update the hourly rate. I think you will get the solution. You can also try logging in another PC.

Regards,

Ali Azam

How do I change a proposal from hourly to flat rate? Susan

Hi Susan,

When clients post a job, they select its type: hourly or fixed-price. When you bid on it you'll bid for that particular type of job. However, in your proposal you can suggest that a different set up may be more suitable for the job and if the client agrees they will then be able to make an offer accordingly.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi Valerie

Does the client make the adjustments from hourly to the flat rate? I did not see an option on my end to adjust from the hourly rate. Susan

Susan,

If during the interview you and the client agree to use fixed-price instead of hourly, the client can set it as so in his offer. Once you accept that offer, you'll have a fixed-price contract even if the original job post was hourly.

You can share this article with your client to help them figure out how to make an offer.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thanks so much Valeria. Susan