cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I change my hourly rate

swatib3
Swati G Member Since: Jun 12, 2018
11 of 18

I am unable to set my hourly rate. I am part of an agency.

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
12 of 18

Hi Swati,

Unfortunately, since you're an exclusive member of your agency, you won't be able to do this. You can only work on projects from your agency and not as an independent freelancer. Please communicate with your agency owner or business manager regarding changing your profile rate as only they can do it.

~ Bojan
Upwork
aliazam99
Ali A Member Since: May 3, 2016
13 of 18

Hi Syed Salman,

Just clear your cache and cookies in the current browser and then open another browser (different browsers) and update the hourly rate. I think you will get the solution. You can also try logging in another PC.

Regards,

Ali Azam

susan-phillips
Susan P Member Since: Sep 7, 2016
14 of 18

How do I change a proposal from hourly to flat rate? Susan

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
15 of 18

Hi Susan,

When clients post a job, they select its type: hourly or fixed-price. When you bid on it you'll bid for that particular type of job. However, in your proposal you can suggest that a different set up may be more suitable for the job and if the client agrees they will then be able to make an offer accordingly.

~ Valeria
Upwork
susan-phillips
16 of 18

Hi Valerie

Does the client make the adjustments from hourly to the flat rate? I did not see an option on my end to adjust from the hourly rate. Susan

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
17 of 18

Susan,

If during the interview you and the client agree to use fixed-price instead of hourly, the client can set it as so in his offer. Once you accept that offer, you'll have a fixed-price contract even if the original job post was hourly.

You can share this article with your client to help them figure out how to make an offer.

~ Valeria
Upwork
susan-phillips
18 of 18

Thanks so much Valeria. Susan

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS