cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I find long term partners or friends on Upwork?

anodea13
Active

Good day.
I'm new to Upwork and I have a lot of free time.

I'm good analyst and I want to find new friends or agencies to work together.
I'm a little tired of searching new jobs: from my last 40 proposals I got only 5 new profile views and no interviews or messages.

I dont know where I did mistakes in cover letters, but I spent at least 0.5-2 hours on each of them. Also some of the simple tasks were almost finished before I started to write a cover letter.

I really want to help people earn more money, start their own startup or solve company's problems.
I want to be useful.

My goals are to start spending at least 40-60 hours a week on something interesting, awesome and become a part of a good team.

If you have any ideas what I need to do or you want to become my friend - please let me know.

Best regards,
Artyom

12 REPLIES 12
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Artyom and welcome to the Community. It's a great place to meet people from all over the world who also work on Upwork.

That being said, if you would like to join a team or an agency, you will have to be invited by admins of that agency via your email. Community isn't an appropriate place to find such relationships. A lot of agencies are actual physical companies where members already know each other. You can read more about how agencies work here.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Valeria, thank you for answer.

I know that most part of agencies are physical companies but I will glad to hear advices how become a their new team member.

And I'm talking not only about agencies.

There are a lot of people who I want to help and I want to find them.

I still don't understand, if community is not an appropriate place to find such relationships, where should I search for friends and agencies?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
This widget could not be displayed.

@Artyom L wrote:

Valeria, thank you for answer.

I know that most part of agencies are physical companies but I will glad to hear advices how become a their new team member.

And I'm talking not only about agencies.

There are a lot of people who I want to help and I want to find them.

I still don't understand, if community is not an appropriate place to find such relationships, where should I search for friends and agencies?

Why do you want to join an agency? You can earn more money if you apply to the jobs yourself. This is a community but not a place to find friends.

mariawicz5
Community Guru
While a customized proposal is more likely to land you the gig, spending 30 minutes -2 hours seems like a lot of time that maybe could be put elsewhere. I have a template that I add to for each proposal which helps.

re: "And I'm talking not only about agencies. There are a lot of people who I want to help and I want to find them."

Artyom:

It is not entirely clear to us what you mean when you say there are "a lot of people" who you want to "help."

So I will break down your options:

1) The best way to help people is to provide your credit card number to Upwork and begin posting jobs and hiring contractors to do meaningful work for fair pay.

2) You may also help people by bidding on jobs, getting hired as a contractor, and doing excellent work for clients. Do NOT do this for free. Do great work, help clients, but absolutely you must get paid for doing so.

3) You may become familiar with how Upwork works and with some of the problems facing contractors and clients here. Then you can help people by participating in the Community Forum, answering questions and offering valuable advice.

4) If you have another idea for helping people, you need to do it somewhere else. Upwork is actually a very simple website in the grand scheme of things, and the three options I listed above comprise all the appropriate ways for you to help here. There countless websites, resources, and local organizations in your own community through which you may help people. You can volunteer at your local church, mosque, school, community organization, etc. You could start your own organization. Maybe Upwork can help with that... you could hire people to design flyers or create a website. But it is quite possible that your specific plan for helping people is not a service that Upwork offers.

Preston, thank you for answer.
I got your point and try to explain in other words.

My work as analyst gives new capabilities for different kind of professions.
It helps to find out interesting moments, save some time in developing requirements, structuring information, description of the goals and methods of achieving them.

It greatly increases efficiency of work for high loaded persons as you are, for example.

I need high loaded friends, who will let me work with them and to focus on solving interesting tasks and forget about searching jobs.

Perhaps it is a utopia, but I want to find such people in community.

And I still need your advices how can I make it.

Thank you in advance.

Maria, thank you for great advice.

Creating changingable template for cover letters seems to be  a good ides.
It will realy help in some situations.

lysis10
Community Guru

"Partners" insinuates that you have something to bring to the table. Nobody here is running a charity. I can't see your profile, but for an agency to take you on (well, one that is worth the electrons), you need to have some experience and skills to offer. You can't sell yourself, so you want an agency to do it for you. That's OK, but then you need to bring something to the table for the agency.

Thank you, Jennifer.

I didn't noticed that people can't see my profile. Sorry.

I changed visibility to "public", so now you can see details.

OK, so looking at your profile, you seem to be starting up nicely and have a good history in your field. I could see an agency taking you on but it also seems like you're just getting started and doing OK.

Agencies have a really bad rep here. At least in my area, I see people specifically say "No agencies."

If I were you, I'd experiment with different proposal styles and approaches to see if anything sticks.

oquintela
Community Guru

Artyom, you have a nice profile - congratulations! I'd advise you to remove your Skype ID, though, as it's not allowed.

I really don't have an answer to your question, but would like to add that it's normal for a newbie to send lots of proposals and not getting interviews or being hired. But as you build your reputation this scenario will change. As for now, and since you have lots of free time I guess you may use some of it to keep on sending proposals. Smiley Wink

Thank you all for adwices.

I will try to do my best.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS