🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How can I get 89% job success score with 5 st...
Page options
36b95467
Community Member

How can I get 89% job success score with 5 stars review?

Hi, so I just get my JSS score today and I'm surprised to see the 89% score. I get 5 stars from all the finished jobs but 1 contract which got no feedback after I abruptly ended the contract after the job is finished (newbie mistake). I read the article on https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068358-Job-Success-Score

but I still can't understand why I get the unexpected score as it could greatly affect my chance to land a contract. Logically, speaking, with 5 stars reviews I should get higher than that. Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
renatoss
Community Member

Hi, My guess, low ''Clients who would recommend you'', because there's more to it then just those X stars satisfaction.

Hi, does that affect JSS? That's new to me

Private feedback has the biggest impact on JSS. Public stars are just there to make your profile look nice. 

petra_r
Community Member

Michael A wrote:Logically, speaking, with 5 stars reviews I should get higher than that. Thanks!

One of your contracts ended with less than perfect private feedback. The stars are really pretty much irrelevant, the vast majority of clients leave 5 stars by default even if they didn't like working with the freelancer. That's why the AVERAGE feedback on Upwork is 4.9 stars.

36b95467
Community Member

Hi, I see. What's the point of public feedback then? Is there any way to know which client gives me a less-than-perfect private feedback?

No, by design you can't know that. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members