cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get Jobs?

Highlighted
H M M Member Since: Nov 26, 2014
1 of 4

I became member of oDesk. Since then I am a very active member , I have attended some of the tests also and successfully get a good score,but I am not getting any job.Can somebody look at my profile and tell me if I need to change anything....Please help me on this. 

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 4

Hi H M,

I have checked your profile and I suggest you revise your profile overview. Right now parts of it are a bit confusing. You may also provide more information about your skills. And please remember that cover letter is very important for landing a job. Use is as your marketing tool and make sure you don't use the same cover letter for everything but individually address the job posting you apply for.

Best of luck!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
3 of 4

If you are so good at what you do, then why are you working for $1 and $3. That makes you look very suspicious. If you are good, then show an appropriate rate. I also have serious questions about your tests in English given that your first paragraph is so badly worded. How could you possibly score that high and have such bad grammar? For these reasons I would not hire you.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 4
H M M, there are SO MANY things we could tell you to improve your profile. Do a search for this topic in the forum. There are extensive discussions and resources already here which I believe you have not studied yet.

Take time to really study the profiles of successful contractors who work in your job area.

Change your profile photo. The quality of the photo is good. But what you're wearing is BAD. You LOOK like a three dollar an hour worker in that lame T-shirt. Put on a shirt and tie and look like you're serious about being here.
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS