🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How can I get a contract if my JSS is 68
Page options
mdtanjum
Community Member

How can I get a contract if my JSS is 68

How can I get a new contract if my score is 68? Please help and share your experience if someone goes through the same situation and manages to find a new contract. Shall I reduce my rate, currently it is $12 based on my last assignment? Please suggest as I am extensively looking for a contract. I applied for 18 contracts in one week but there is no response.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
towermutasa
Community Member

Md Tarique A wrote:

How can I get a new contract if my score is 68? Please help and share your experience if someone goes through the same situation and manages to find a new contract. Shall I reduce my rate, currently it is $12 based on my last assignment? Please suggest as I am extensively looking for a contract. I applied for 18 contracts in one week but there is no response.

Getting a low jss is not the end of the world.

Due to a couple of regretable mistakes I made when I was Rising Talent, my JSS debuted at 70%, just two points above yours.

I currently have 4 contracts. One was started a couple of months back before I got JSS, two were referrals, and the fourth I got with a JSS of 70%.

I'd say don't stop sending out proposals. Just make sure your proposals are convincing.

If some of your former clients are willing to refer you, go for it. That's the only thing saving my hide right now.

PS, lowering your price won't make things better. On the contrary, it might make things worse. I've never had a problem with a client paying me $100+. Never.. That goes for both UW and non-UW clients.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dd63c576
Community Member

The easy solution to this is brining your clients to upwork and taking some good reviews from them. That will increase ur JSS soon.

tlbp
Community Member

Md Tarique A wrote:

You are going to have to make a pitch that convinces a prospective client that you can do the job properly. Your less than 5-star reviewers indicate that you are willing (a hard worker) but perhaps not competent. You will have to overcome that reputation and it may not be possible for you to do so. No one wants to hire someone who can't perform the job, regardless of how low their price is. 😞

I have seen reports of others getting gigs despite a low JSS. So, I assume it is possible but difficult. 

towermutasa
Community Member

Md Tarique A wrote:

Getting a low jss is not the end of the world.

Due to a couple of regretable mistakes I made when I was Rising Talent, my JSS debuted at 70%, just two points above yours.

I currently have 4 contracts. One was started a couple of months back before I got JSS, two were referrals, and the fourth I got with a JSS of 70%.

I'd say don't stop sending out proposals. Just make sure your proposals are convincing.

If some of your former clients are willing to refer you, go for it. That's the only thing saving my hide right now.

PS, lowering your price won't make things better. On the contrary, it might make things worse. I've never had a problem with a client paying me $100+. Never.. That goes for both UW and non-UW clients.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths