🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How can I get a refund if I input the wrong a...
Page options
ennzorz
Community Member

How can I get a refund if I input the wrong account number?

Hello!

I just withdraw my upwork balance and as I checked my account number, I had the wrong one. How can I refund what I have withdrawn? And long does it take to get a refund? Thanks!
14 REPLIES 14
pponso
Community Member

In this case, immediately contact Upwork support...

petra_r
Community Member

Robin H wrote:

In this case, immediately contact Upwork support...

Absolutely no point.

The money will bounce around the system, but get back to you within 7 to 14 days, sometimes a little longer. It will come back to your Upwork account, there is nothing Support can do about it.

pponso
Community Member

Absolutely no point.

The money will bounce around the system, but get back to you within 7 to 14 days, sometimes a little longer. It will come back to your Upwork account, there is nothing Support can do about it.

ok, but just to clear my confusion, they can do something, unless they have processed the payment, right?

petra_r
Community Member

Robin H wrote:

Absolutely no point.

ok, but just to clear my confusion, they can do something, unless they have processed the payment, right?

No, they can't.

Trust me, I have withdrawn to the wrong account myself and called within seconds.

Can't be done.

ennzorz
Community Member

So if that would bounce off the system, did you still get the refund?
pponso
Community Member

Nhowinlie D wrote:

Yes, the amount will get back to your Upwork account and then you can withdraw again...

I hope this helps!

petra_r
Community Member

Nhowinlie D wrote:

Yes, it will come back to your Upwork account, but it'll take a week or two, sometimes longer, but it will always come back. Don't worry.

ennzorz
Community Member

Upwork just replied to me:

Thank you for contacting Upwork Support.

I understand your concern in returning the withdrawn amounts to the rightful owner but unfortunately, there's no way to return funds that have been withdrawn already. I would suggest that you contact the owner and discuss how you could reimburse him. 

I hope this clarifies your concern. If you need further assistance or experience any additional issues, please submit a new ticket using this link and one of my team members will be more than happy to assist you.

so i won't get the refund? XD

petra_r
Community Member

Nhowinlie D wrote:

Upwork just replied to me:

xxxxx

so i won't get the refund? XD

That was a confusing response. 

Yes you will get the money back.  If you withdrew your funds to an account number that is not correct, the funds can not be delivered to that account and the money will come back to your Upwork account.

I assume you withdrew to an account number that was wrong, rather than to an actual account that is yours and you just didn't mean to use?

ennzorz
Community Member

I input the wrong account number. It's even in the wrong format.

petra_r
Community Member

Nhowinlie D wrote:

I input the wrong account number. It's even in the wrong format.

That is fine. It means the money will not be able to be delivered to an account with that number and under your name, so the receiving bank will send it back.

It will come ack to your Upwork account automatically as the receiving bank will send it back to the sending bank who will send it back to Upwork who will pop it back to your account.

It will just take time. In the meantime, FIX IT so it does not happen again.

Want to ask where you manage to message upwork support about having that same issue as yours?  I couldn't get a hold of them, I always end up having a conversation with a bot. 😞  Do you have an email address to where i can send them a message?  Thanks for your answer.

Hi Ma. Theresa, 

Your withdrawal will automatically be refunded back to your account should there be any issues with your bank account. This should happen within eight business days of withdrawing your earnings to your local bank. If this doesn't happen automatically after eight business days, you can come back here and post an update so that our team can assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
lilmissizzz
Community Member

I withdraw my salary last Wednesday to the account number that I input last last week but then when I checked my bank, it was not reflected there yet. And so I checked my pay/withdrawal method details here and it turns out that I input a wrong number on my account. Now, my question is: Will I get it back here on Upwork or will I get a refund for this? How long is the waiting for the money to be back here on Upwork/on my account? This is my first time having to use Upwork and have my salary processed here. Hoping for your answers soon. Thanks!  And can someone tell me how to contact a live Upwork Support person cause i always get a bot when I want to chat to someone about this.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths